Illinois-Chicago
Options

The Baking Institute or Domino's Pastries--any cake reviews?

Both The Baking Institute and Domino's Pastries are my 2 options for cakes that are included in our reception place, does anyone have any feedback on either place?
Thanks!

Re: The Baking Institute or Domino's Pastries--any cake reviews?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My bff used Domino's for her cake & the groom's cake - both very fantastic. Looked great and tasted even better.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Domino's is close to my parents' house and where my family has always gotten cakes for birthdays/baptisms/graduations.  Excellent cake. 
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I checked Yelp on both and The Baking Review has 1 great review and Domino's overall is good with a few misses.
    What kind of cake did you guys have?
  • Options
    Jami86eJami86e member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are using the baking institute. we did a tasting with them and it was sooo good. we are getting half and half cake (a layer of yellow cake and a layer of chocolate cake) with lemon custard filling. what's nice about them is any fruit that they use is made from real fruit, not artificial. that includes the lemon custard
    Visit Jewish.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    pajarito81pajarito81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the Baking INstitute! Igor totally knows what he's doing. I ordered our 4 tier cake from them and a groomscake for our wedding 5 weeks ago and it was so delicious. We got tons of compliments on our cake. We had our cake tasting, and all the cakes we tasted were amazing! He even let us a take a peek at the bakers working, which was pretty cool. They are very professional, and experienced, and have been displayed in a variety of wedding magazines!
    Mrs. F 9-18-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     The Baking Institute just did my cake for my wedding this past weekend.  I think they did a great job and the cake tasted delicious!
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    can you recent brides post pics of what you ended up doing with The Baking Institute? Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards