Illinois-Chicago
Options

Come out! Come out! Wherever you are!

Has anyone heard from Jeff of Shoot the Bride? I have sent him 2 emails and a text message and I have heard nothing. He wanted to get in contact with my photographer and I was trying to see if that had worked out.

Thanks!
And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image

Re: Come out! Come out! Wherever you are!

• Options
    edited December 2011

I received an email from him today, he is swamped with editing. Hang tight, I'm sure he'll get back to you soon!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I heard from him yesterday.  He said he would finish mine last night.  I should have it by tomorrow or Thursday at the latest (so he said).  I will let you guys know as soon as I do!
    Married!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Whew!! I was getting worried. Okay I feel better now. At least I know he is still ALIVE!! LOL!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Getting closer Miss Courtey, you must be getting so excited!

Don't worry, Jeff is a bit challenged with communication, but he will come through for you. He will show at the wedding but you may not hear from him until a couple of days before to confirm. If he is not able to reach your photog, hopefully he will contact you. You could try going the other way and contact your photog to see if he reached them.

I haven't received my video or trailer yet, but I am expecting a long delivery time based on responses that I have read here. I will be ok if he gets it to me by Thanksgiving.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    PS: alexilese and seventiespop, can please let us know when you get your videos and how you liked them? I will do the same. THANK YOU!
  • Options
    netgrl22netgrl22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just heard back from Jeff and received the trailer from my 8/7 wedding.  http://vimeo.com/15384288  It took about 8 weeks and he estimated another 2 for my highlight video.  Not sure if that's all the footage or just some of it.  My trailer is a little odd in that he arrived late and missed most of the getting ready footage, so it's not his typical trailer.  It's nice to finally see some footage though!  I mostly wanted video for the ceremony, speeches etc. so I will be excited to see that later this year.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Netgirl: Did he post it on his website?
  • Options
    netgrl22netgrl22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He emailed me the link directly and I didn't see it on his facebook page.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Netgirl, you looked so pretty! I LOVE Jeff's work!!
  • Options
    netgrl22netgrl22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!  Jeff definitely does a great job as long as you can be very patient. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Netgirl, you look fab and now I remember seeing your photos! so beautiful ....

It's kinda wierd that on his vimeo page it says he posted it 9 days ago.

• Options
    netgrl22netgrl22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jeff probably sent me the vimeo link about a week ago so the 9 days makes sense.  I just looked at his site and it looks like he has Cathy's trailer up which is amazingly fast since I think her wedding was much more recent than mine.  So maybe he's getting faster!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies,
    We got our DVD today (ceremony only).  We are still waiting on the highlight film.
    On the day of our wedding, Jeff was great and professional.  Since then, I have been a little bit disappointed.  

Our contract said we would receive everything in 4-6 weeks.  My wedding was on 8/22/10.  At the 4 week mark, I got in touch with him to make sure he had our song choices for the highlight video.  He responded to me right away and said he would be working on our DVD towards the end of that week.
    Two weeks later (the 6 week mark) this past Sunday, I email him  again because I haven't gotten anything.  He get's back to me Monday saying he had a little trouble with the audio because the AC units were on but he would be finishing it that night and would send the DVD overnight.  We would get it Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.  He said he would send me a tracking number as soon as he had it.  Thursday morning I was getting pretty frustrated, so I sent him an email asking for the tracking number.  He got back to me last night saying he would drop it off at my house on Friday morning by 11:00 am.

He dropped it off around 1:30 this afternoon.  It was only 1 copy of the DVD but he said the other two were coming.  We put it in the DVD player because we were worried about the audio.  The video quality is awesome and we are really happy with that part of it.  Unfortunately, it seems like the body mic that DH was wearing during the ceremony didn't pick up any of the audio.  So, the only audio there is is from the camera.  It is pretty hard to hear.  

We hired a videographer because we wanted a DVD with good audio to show our grandparents were were not able to travel to our wedding.  Otherwise, we would have had a friend turn on a camera.  

We are in the process of working with Jeff now to see if there is anything else that can be done to improve the quality of the sound.

I don't want to badmouth Jeff, because he really was great on the day of the wedding.  I understand that Audio is the hardest part of this, but I can't help being a little disappointed.  

Sorry for the long post.  I will let you guys know when we get our highlight video.

ETA: Heard from him again late last night.  He is definitely willing to work with us in order to get us the best DVD he can.  I really appreciate that he is doing this for us.
    Married!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    gurr... I am still waiting for our video from Spring. Been sending him email's and no response
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry last email i got from he was saying we would get the highlight video over a month ago.  I dont want to bad mouth him but he said he would have the video 3-4 weeks after the wedding.  All we have seen is a 1min trailer. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards