Illinois-Chicago
Options

Ceremony only locations near Rosemont, IL or within 20 miles?

Hello!

So my FI and I have recently been thinking that the Church we currently have booked for our wedding is just not for us (it's beautiful, Immaculate Conception in Chicago).  We really want a candlelight ceremony or if not that, a more personal ceremony where we can pick the readings and songs and not have them be bible readings or church songs.  Those things just don't fit us.  The problem is my reception site (The Rosewood) doesn't have availability and I didn't want to do it at the same site anyway for logistical reasons (I don't want the cocktail hour IMMEDIATELY following the ceremony as we would like an hour at least in between for pictures and for guests to check into the hotel etc).  Does anyone know of any great spaces in the Rosemont, Des Plaines, or Park Ridge area?  I am not opposed to in the city as well, I am just thinking that might be more of a pain for guests based on parking etc.  We would be open to outdoors if the place has done them often and there is a backup for weather.  The Botanical Gardens doesn't do just ceremonies unless you do your reception there.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!  Thanks!

Re: Ceremony only locations near Rosemont, IL or within 20 miles?

• Options
    mapales2mapales2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are a couple places in Glenview,  Schram Memorial Chapel and the Redfield Estates.  I am not sure if you can do ceremony only at Redfield.  Schram is park district owned.  It is small (seats about 150ish) but it is really quaint.  You can decorate it however you like.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

WIlder Park in Elmhurst... it's beautiful and small

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Great, I am checking all of these out.  Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards