Illinois-Chicago
Options

*Love is Bald*

Ok....Peonies are my favorite flower too....

I was going to just do them for my bouquet, but nixed them because of cost (they are out of season for me too)

Now I'm considering just doing it.  Haha.

Your bio inspired me!

Also, I love your return address stamp, and I'm thinking about getting one for thank you envelopes.

Let's get together!
image **Married 7/9/11**

Re: *Love is Bald*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well shucks.. :)  I always say I don't have a creative bone in my body, but sometimes ideas fly from somewhere outta my head!

I briefly mentioned to my florist about getting peonies and she told me its going to cost me, but whatev.  I want what I want, im the bride dang it! (ok, jk... but... :)).  I emailed her today to give me a price so i'll let you know what she comes back with.  The picture I have in my bio is from a former Knottie (circa 05') and her wedding was in December, so it makes me feel justified that I can get them in September. :)

ETA:  Maybe i'm crazy, but its more affordable than what I thought...?  $55/5 stems.  They will have to fly them in from Norway and its more of a "buyers beware" thing she says bc it might not be as big as i'd like... but I don't care, its on the order now.  Anyway, just an FYI
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I went back and forth about it, but my decor company said the deep, raspberry colored ones I would need don't look great in Julym and they would need to order extra to account for the ones that didn't make it.

So I nixed them and am doing all orchids I think.  I actually have not told them that yet....the just orchids instead of a mixed bouquet of dark pink flowers, but obviously I'm having trouble deciding!

I tried my dress on this past weekend...it's here!!  It was amazing.  So excited.
    image **Married 7/9/11**
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    not to thread jack here but you may be able to get peonies in July and if not, garden roses look very very similar to peonies. it all depends on the crop!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All the decor companies I got quotes from...Heffernan Morgan, Flower Firm, Event Creative, etc all told me that peonies look totally droopy in july, and they don't recommend it because they've had so many unhappy brides.  :-(

I thought about garden roses.....but am leaning toward orchids since they are being used in my center pieces too.
    image **Married 7/9/11**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards