Illinois-Chicago
Options

Uh Oh...BM dresses :(

So our bridesmaids dresses came in and I don't know what to do because I hate them.  The color is right, but when we tried them on in the store, we pinned back the dress (they were too big).  So now they came in and they are baby doll, but there is SO MUCH extra material they are not flattering at all.  I am so sad and upset because I thought they would be great.  What do I do?  Go buy all new dresses and pay for them myself?? 

Re: Uh Oh...BM dresses :(

• Options
    edited December 2011
    yikes.  sorry to hear that :(  will doing some alterations help?   id love to see a pic of the dress, do you have a link for it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I would be pretty pissed if I had spent my money on a BM dress and the bride changed her mind, regardless of whether the bride bought a replacement dress. It's money down the drain. 

Maybe you should offer to pay for alterations for the girls? Something like that shouldn't be too difficult to fix if you can get in with a good seamstress. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I agree, I would try and take them all to the same seamstress to fix. They might even give you a deal because you have a bunch of dresses all needing to be fixed.
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    each of my BMs chose their own dress in the same color.  My sister ordered a baby doll style and hated it when it came in...we had my seamstress, Cori Molanu, totally alter the whole thing so it looked better on her.  Maybe you could do that?  in the end her dress didn't look like a baby doll style at all. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sucks. I wouldn't buy new dresses though.

What do the girls think about the dress? I think it can be a delicate situation. The girls bought the dresses you picked out and you don't like the final product from the manufacturer. That's not necessarily their fault. What I would do in that situation is leave it up to the girls to fix the dress how they want. If they like it the way it is, then I would leave it. If they want to get it altered, that's fine too.

I'm curious about what the dress now. Do you have a picture or a website that we can look at to see what the dress looks like?

I'm sorry you are dealing with this. =(
    When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you allowed flexibility then you have to deal with the outcome. If you don't like the outcome, the right thing to do would be to pay to fix it and be careful not to offend anyone who's selection you hate.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    http://www.priscillaofboston.com/dress_detail.jsp?gid=2&sfid=50841

Sorry ladies, I didn't realize anyone had replied because I forgot to watch my own thread.  These are the dresses.  The sea glass color is closest to the light grey we are doing (they recently discontinued it).  We brought them to a tailor last night, so it looks like we will be able to alter them to make them better.  Everyone agrees that they don't look like the same dress we all tried on and liked.  So hopefully we can get them fixed.  Thanks for all the help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards