Illinois-Chicago
Options

**Weather Alert for the next 2 Days**

Because I care about my knottie friends... :)

High Wind - Damaging Winds - Severe Weather Warning Tuesday & Wednesday,October 26th & 27th  

NWS Predicts Strongest Midwest Storm in 70 years 

The National Weather Service is predicting that the storm system expected to arrive in the Chicago Area tomorrow with sustained winds of 40 miles per hour and gusts up to 60 miles an hour will be the strongest storm front to hit the midwest in the past 70 years.    The front will arrive with at approximately 6:00 AM on Tuesday morning with severe thunderstorms and a major cold front. It will be followed by high and damaging winds that are expected to last until Wednesday evening.  Buildings should be particularly concerned with cranes, scaffolding, construction materials, and unsecured doors/windows. The OEMC is asking BOMA/Chicago members to "tour" individual buildings and identify these items or other potential threats in order to mitigate, secure, or remove hazards this evening. The wind is anticipated to begin quite early Tuesday morning. The City of Chicago is readying public agencies to respond to building damage, fallen trees, power outages. The National Weather Service (NWS) has issued a rather unusual "High Wind Warning" for the Chicago area, beginning tomorrow morning. The high-wind warning will go into effect at 7:00 AM Tuesday and will extend through 7:00 PM Wednesday evening.  Briefings on this weather system are available from the National Weather Service at: http://www.crh.noaa.gov/lot/?n=webbriefing  

Re: **Weather Alert for the next 2 Days**

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the heads up! The walk downtown will not be fun. Ugh!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is kind of scary.....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We were just talking about this at work!  Should be a fun commute tomorrow....

I'm hoping this is wildly over-exaggerated.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So my coworker mentioned this at our department meeting this afternoon and I am scared that my tiny car is going to be blown off the road tomorrow morning.
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Holy crap. CPS won't close for any reason, so I'll enjoy this with students in tow. Awesome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_weather-alert-next-2-days?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:87e2e8f1-dbbf-47ef-b570-ee55324210abPost:9703bc04-4196-45dd-b3fa-0845dbff9cda">Re: **Weather Alert for the next 2 Days**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holy crap. CPS won't close for any reason, so I'll enjoy this with students in tow. Awesome.
    Posted by vstu12[/QUOTE]
    Nah, they'll just use this as an excuse to not come at all.
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah and you bet Metra will be all jacked up... like always.  Ill be stuck downtown but hey -- at least we have a spare cot floating around the office (don't ask! haha!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_weather-alert-next-2-days?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:87e2e8f1-dbbf-47ef-b570-ee55324210abPost:9703bc04-4196-45dd-b3fa-0845dbff9cda">Re: **Weather Alert for the next 2 Days**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holy crap. CPS won't close for any reason, so I'll enjoy this with students in tow. Awesome.
    Posted by vstu12[/QUOTE]

Don't you just LOVE CPS????
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Doesn't seem to be as bad - the wind is going to start kickign up but I thought it would be a whole lot worse by now.
    imageimage
    Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
    Married Bio (Work In Progress)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards