Illinois-Chicago
Options

Panic: Startover Reception Planning

Just found out that the venue I was having my reception at has gone bankrupt and closed down.  I still have just over 9 months but I'm sort of freaking out...

My ceremony is in Elburn IL, so I'm hoping not to go too far.  There should be around 100 guests.  Plus, I'm on a really tight budget, hoping to do the whole thing (i.e. everything, not just the reception) for not much over $5000.  My old venue worked for this, but now I'm not sure where to go.

I wanted a place that was light and airy, not too formal, preferably with a nice outdoor area for photos/view from lots of windows.

Any ideas?

Re: Panic: Startover Reception Planning

• Options
    morgie44morgie44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What was your pp price at the old venue/budget?  When I was looking, it seems like your previous venue was right around 50 pp are you having an afternoon wedding or an off date that would make it more affordable? 
  • Options
    clare25clare25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I'm looking for somewhere that's around $20-25 pp, not including bar package, cake, centerpieces, etc.  That's just for the food. Unfortunately it has to be on a Saturday, the busiest wedding day, though since it's in October, it's sometimes considered off-season, depending where you are.
  • Options
    Have you checked out Heritage Prairie Market in Elburn? I was seriously thinking about it for my wedding. I'm not sure about prices but it is a great "airy" outdoor (or indoor if you use the barn) location. Good luck..and don't stress..you still have a lot of time to play with!
  • Options
    morgie44morgie44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Have you tried looking into restaurants?

Onesti Supper Club in St. Charles seems like it is in that range pp, but not sure how many people they can host.   There is also Stonefire Restaurant in Yorkville and Mio Amore in Plano (too far?) that have good food and are in that range.

Luigi's House and KeyWester in Naperville/Aurora are a little bit higher, but their packages come with a ton of food so it is still a good value if you can stretch your budget a little (dinner packages for 29.95)

Kishwaukee Country Club and Green Tree Golf Club are also in that range...

• Options
    AubsAndSeanAubsAndSean member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Blumen Gardens in Sycamore. I love that place!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards