Illinois-Chicago

hz80408

I saw your picture in your siggy in the SS post below--you looked so pretty! Share more pics/how your wedding went!!!

Re: hz80408

• edited December 2011
    YES!  I must know where you found your dress bc that is the only dress i've taken a liking to and it seems no one has it!
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!!

Love Is Bald- My dress is Casablanca 1881 in ivory/champagne (I think it's from Fall 2008, maybe even 2006?)  I actually purchased it in my hometown area (waaaay cheaper than dresses around here it seems!).  But, if  you can't find it around here, when I've googled it, I've seen tons of them for sale!  But I really loved it too, the simplicity and elegance of it without being boring.  I received TONS of compliments on it too!!

My wedding itself was on Oct 16, our 11 yr dating anniversary.  The ceremony was outside at a country club and the reception was in the clubhouse.  It was a gorgeous day!! The high was 77 and it was sunny.  Everyone thought DH & I were crazy for wanting an outside ceremony mid-Oct, but it was perfect.  The funny thing is that my SIL got married end of July 2009 in the same city and it was only a high of 70!

We did a first look, which wasn't as emotional as I thought it'd be, but was really just exciting!!  We took almost all of our pics before the ceremony, and honestly, it was so nice to have it done that way so we could just celebrate after the ceremony.  The ceremony itself was amazing.  Before my dad and I talked down the aisle he looked at me and we both started tearing up.  Otherwise, the only time I really cried was when I said my vows, I kind of just let it go...but everyone said that was their favorite part of the ceremony, DH cried and even some of the GMs started crying!

The reception was a blast, really the whole day was!  I had a DOC and she was awesome.  I didn't have to worry about a thing on the wedding day and still am not aware of any major, or even minor, snafu's from the day.  It truly was perfect!!!

We HMed at Secrets Maroma in Riveria Maya for 8 days and it was pure bliss. And now we're been back for a week and slowing getting back into the swing of things

I don't have my pro pics back yet, so these are all I have for now, but I'll come share more when I get them!

• aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a little late on this, but thanks for the recap! So glad your day went well and you had a great time on your HM! Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards