Illinois-Chicago
Options

Starlight Makeup came to my rescue!

So this is my first time posting online, but after my experience yesterday, I felt it was worthy of me writing something to all of you who, like me, use the internet as a primary source for planning your weddings.  As of yesterday morning, I had already signed a contract and put down a deposit with someone (who I won’t mention) to do my wedding makeup.  However, after two trials, I still wasn’t 100% satisfied with the results, and I couldn’t help but feel like I was settling for something that I knew I wasn’t going to love on the day of the wedding.  Fortunately, I met Lillian Toma with Starlight Makeup yesterday, and she came to my rescue.  I actually went to her home so that one of her hairstylists, Ronit, could do my hair trial.  While Ronit was doing my hair (which ended up looking awesome and what I had envisioned), Lillian and I discussed my recent makeup trials and how I felt about them.  Without me even describing what I had wanted for my makeup, Lillian described what she thought would look really great on me, and sure enough, it was exactly what I had wanted.  I could tell that Lillian has a real passion for what she does – she had this great personality that just put me at ease and made me feel like I was in really great hands.  She offered to do my makeup right then and there at no charge, just so that she could show me what I had wanted all along with my makeup.  It was amazing - within a matter of minutes I began to see exactly what I had wanted – a glammed up version of myself with eyes that popped.  She was so comfortable and relaxed, no hesitation – she knew what she was doing and you could tell that she loved what she was doing.  I couldn’t stop looking in the mirror and admiring how great I looked – it was at that moment that I knew I had to have Lillian do my makeup on my wedding day.  Fortunately she was available the morning of my wedding, and I signed a contract with her and put down a deposit right then and there.  Lillian’s fees are more than those of the makeup artist I originally signed a contract with, but in all honesty, the comfort of knowing I’m going to love my makeup on the day of my wedding, is totally worth the extra cost.  The bride is the center of attention the entire day – everyone, including yourself, is going to be looking at you and admiring you.  You can cut costs and go the cheaper route on some items for your wedding, but your makeup and hair shouldn’t be one of them.  This is your day to shine, and Lillian knows exactly how to make you shine your greatest! 

Re: Starlight Makeup came to my rescue!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you took the time to let us know. It is very suspicious that your first post is in length about a vendor... and I'm sure others will agree, so please share more about your wedding with us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Why don't you share the pictures from your hair and makeup trial?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, this is suspicious...
    image **Married 7/9/11**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Its too bad because when I see vendors who post, it makes me not want to use their business even more...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry that you girls are so skeptical - based on the number of posts you've all contributed on this website, I can see that you're quite serious about posts....all I was trying to do was share my experience since I personally found it difficult to find the right person for my hair and makeup.  I've attached some pictures from my trial to this post so that you can see this is legit and not some made up post.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you for coming back and sharing your pics!  sorry, we get a little crazy around here sometimes because vendors come on and try to promote their business all the time.

so, welcome to the board! :)  we look forward to hearing more about ya!  your pics are gorgeous, they really did a very nice job on your makeup AND hair! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto LIB!  You look gorgeous.

Since you are new, tell us about your wedding!  Who are you using for everything else?
    image **Married 7/9/11**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  Your hair and makeup look great!  Congrats on finding someone you love and makes you look that great.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My food blog!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 September Siggy Challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards