Illinois-Chicago

Hair

Any recommendations for hair?  I prefer onsite, but doesn't have to be.  Wedding is in Arlington Heights.
How far in advance should I book? 

Re: Hair

• duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Lindsay for hair and Kim for makeup through the Sharon Daniel salon and was very happy with both.  They do on-site and are located in Schamburg.  There is a more detailed review in my bio.  Feel free to PM me if you need more specific info.
  • edited December 2011
    My Aveda stylist is doing on site for me and my bridesmaids.  If you email me (mkd0123 at gmail dot com), I can give you more info.
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
  • edwinajonedwinajon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My stylist is Livia Caporale and I had a great trial last week.  She is doing my hair onsite.  You can check out her reviews on Yelp. 
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Morgan Blaul. She was fantastic and reasonably priced (and does make up too, though I only used her for hair).

She will come to you on site. All her info is in my married bio under vendor reviews/ you can check her out on yelp as well.
  • u_rica77u_rica77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is sort of a general question for everyone- how far ahead do you need to book hair and makeup for on site? I'm a little over 9 months out right now, and I feel like it's too early to do any trials or anything, but I'm also freaking about people being booked up since my wedding is in October. Just curious what the timeframe was....thanks!

Erica
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker< br > Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_hair?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:91b91dcb-239e-4480-be72-bc9411c06a9bPost:ccd16831-a2b0-43c0-8a41-c35de354178f">Re: Hair</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is sort of a general question for everyone- how far ahead do you need to book hair and makeup for on site? I'm a little over 9 months out right now, and I feel like it's too early to do any trials or anything, but I'm also freaking about people being booked up since my wedding is in October. Just curious what the timeframe was....thanks! Erica
    Posted by u_rica77[/QUOTE]

I booked 11 months out for both. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_hair?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:91b91dcb-239e-4480-be72-bc9411c06a9bPost:ccd16831-a2b0-43c0-8a41-c35de354178f">Re: Hair</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is sort of a general question for everyone- how far ahead do you need to book hair and makeup for on site? Posted by u_rica77[/QUOTE]

For the people that are really heavily rec'd on this site, most of them book up far in advance and I would say start looking. I booked my make-up at 9 months and hair at 7 months.

I definitely wanted a trial before I booked (to make sure I liked them/felt they were competant), however I did a second trial with both a couple days prior to the wedding. While it was an extra expense, its something that put me at total ease on my wedding day.
  • meezermeezer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Livia Caporale is the way to go!!!

I used her for my wedding and for all of my bridesmaids; I still get compliments to this day on how beautiful my hair looked.  She is adorable and so fun to work with!
  • raeynraeyn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Monique Madrid is wonderful and very reasonably priced. She comes to you on the wedding day and does both hair and makeup. Her policy is that she will not book more than 4 months in advance, so she makes it easy to do trials closer to the wedding without worrying about losing her to another bride.
    imageimage
    BFP on Jan. 18; EDD Oct. 1
    EDD Oct. 1image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards