Ohio-Columbus
Options

Child Care for Wedding/Reception

We have a lot of out of town guests with small kids too young to sit still.  I'm trying to figure out a way to help guests not bring their kids to our wedding reception, which will be at Due Amici and therefore not much fun for little ones.  Does anyone have any ideas for sources of reliable, screened child care that I can refer people to?  My initial idea was hotel-provided, which I've seen before, but Columbus' downtown hotels don't seem to offer it.

Thanks!

Re: Child Care for Wedding/Reception

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would hire someone you trust and maybe rent out a room or two at the residence inn just down the street from due amici. it's close enough for parents to get to in case of emergency but far enough away for them the have a good time at your reception. the kids would be thrilled with two babysitters, some movies, pizza, crafts, etc. good luck on whatever you choose to do.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are several reliable sites on which to find a sitter, however, people can still lie and I would definitely want to interview them several times before entrusting them to watch small children.

Do you have any friends that would be willing to do it? Also, what time is your reception? I know with our reception, the parents of our RB (he was the youngest) left shortly after they ate, which was fine with us and expected. Our RD didn't start until about 7:30 and our wedding was the next day at 1pm, plus they lived about 1 hr away from where our wedding was. I think parents with young children will probably not stay long, but just eat and leave shortly after, therefore the kids shouldn't be too much of an issue.
  • Options
    mamboqueenmamboqueen member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would aslo rent a room or 2 closeby and hire a sitter.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards