Illinois-Chicago
Options

Popcorn Favor Bags

So we're doing a Popcorn Buffet--8 flavors of popcorn (YUM) and I'm researching containers. At first we were looking at clear plastic gussetted cellophane bags but what do you think about white paper bags (think paper lunch bag)? Thoughts?

Re: Popcorn Favor Bags

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i think white paper lunch bags would be perfect!  you could put a thank-you sticker on them, or even write something on them with a sharpie.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    just a thought...i have gotten popcorn at garrett's and the next day it doesn't taste that great.  they put it in a paper bag. i have brought it home and switched it to a ziploc and it tastes soooo much better.  the cellophane would probably be able to seal better and keep out the air which will keep the popcorn fresher.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sometimes popcorn can get a little greasy, or the oil from the corn can soak through, so I'm not sure if the white bags would hold up with the various flavors.  Maybe do those bags that are the texture of wax paper so that the spots don't come through the bag or get on people's dresses/suits when they start eating it in the car on the way home (which is exactly what I would do!  bring on the popcorn!)  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe you can use one of the colors from your wedding. But what ever you use, make sure it does have some kind of lining in it, so the grease doesn't soak through. I like the idea a lot.
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The grease spots are exactly what I am worried about but I love the simplicity of the white bag with a sticker or something on it! we just thought about maybe doing colored bags instead of the white bags but we will have to hunt for them. hmmm...more to think about :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards