Ohio-Columbus

What color bridesmaid shoes do you think?

My bridesmaids will be wearing just-above-the-knee navy blue pencil dresses. I've been going back and forth on what color shoes to have them wear. After asking a few of the girls, they thought black would be the best option. I know for sure I don't want silver.

Should I ask them to all wear strappy black, or go somewhere like Davids bridal and have them order navy blue shoes? The dresses were already $200, so I kind of feel bad asking them to buy shoes as well.

What are your thoughts?
imageAnniversary BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: What color bridesmaid shoes do you think?

• edited December 2011
    I personally think navy blue & black clash. If you don't want silver maybe look for a gold strappy or even a nude color shoe. Also, I've heard from other friends that had navy blue dyable shoes and they discolored their feet.

What about these: (obviously way expensive, but it was the fastest thing google could find for me!)

• gibsonkkgibsonkk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Neutral!! haha SO many posts about this on the July 2010 board. Not sure what your wedding date is but blue/black on if its december or something...

Just ask them to find silver/pewter or gold shoes and let them find something they like, are comfortable in and will wear again. Don't worry about telling them specifics.

I've had to dye shoes. It sucks hahah there are tons of navy shoes out there if you wnat navy. check target's website or just let them get their own. Even if they are short dresses, no one is looking at the bridesmaids feet, dont' worry :)
  • edited December 2011
    If you don't want silver, I would go with a lighter shade of blue or a different hue. As long as you are in the same color scheme, it should be fine. What color are the guys tuxes/suits going to be?
  • drakehjdrakehj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks for all the comments! I was sort of thinking nude as well as an alternative. The guys will be wearing khaki suits.

imageAnniversary BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • BrittBritt22BrittBritt22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anything but dyables!  Metallic colored shoes would look good; silver, gold, or bronze. 
  • edited December 2011

I wore camel/nude shoes as a bridesmaid with navy dresses.  The bride found them on Macys.com and ordered them for all of us when they were on sale and had a coupon (think they ended up costing $40).  We then paid her back.   If you want them to all have the same shoes, but don't want to make them spend a lot, you could shop around and find a good deal. I'm going to try to attach a pic of the shoes.  I still wear them today!

• edited December 2011
    I agree with going with a camel color, or a metallic gold/bronze shade. I think I'd avoid the navy and black combo ;) Good luck!
    kissing

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP: 10/26/11 EDD: 6/28/12

• edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding in the spring where the BMs wore navy dresses and wore kelly green shoes.  The wedding was around St. Patrick's Day, so maybe she was just trying to get something green in the wedding, but I thought it looked fun and unique.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I agree nude shoes would look good, navy, gold, pewter (even though you said you don't like silver but pewter looks fabulous with everything) or even taupe, champagne, charcoal gray, or a bone color would look nice. What color are your flowers? Maybe you can find similar colored shoes. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_color-bridesmaid-shoes-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:0cb4e098-0cab-4599-affe-22005d4229f9Post:d34a8365-10e6-4902-b526-bf920200d456">Re: What color bridesmaid shoes do you think?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to a wedding in the spring where the BMs wore navy dresses and wore kelly green shoes.  The wedding was around St. Patrick's Day, so maybe she was just trying to get something green in the wedding, but I thought it looked fun and unique.
    Posted by TheBeckmeister[/QUOTE]

I have done the same thing. My FI told me I looked like I was in a J Crew ad though :)
  • joydawnbjoydawnb member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I think nude would be good, but if you're worried about your bm's having to buy more...you can let them choose a variety to put a little personalized style to it. For the girls who lack personal style (there's probably one, right), ask if they want help and give them links to a few suggestions.
    I also like the idea of kelly green, but think it may look a little TOO J Crew :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards