Illinois-Chicago
Options

Bridal Shower John Barleycorn Schaumburg

Has anyone ever attended a bridal shower at John Barleycorn in Schaumburg?  I am looking for a location in or around Schaumburg to have my daughter's bridal shower and Barleycorn was mentioned.  Any feedback would be most appreciated.  Thank you.

Re: Bridal Shower John Barleycorn Schaumburg

• Options
    I dont know how Barleycorn is in the burbs but its a big sports bar in the city. It doesnt scream bridal shower to me. And I would check and make sure there isnt a basketball game going on. Because there is nothing like walking into a place dressed for a nice shower and all you see are over grown frat brothers drinking Coors light and your heels are sticking to the floor from the whatever happened last night.

Again this is what the Barleycorn in the city is like. Maybe Wildfire would be a better option
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I agree that the Barleycorn in Schaumburg is a little dark.  Westwood Tavern and Wildberry on Meacham Road are both nice places to hold a shower.  Wildfire is another excellent suggestion, as is Maggiano's and Bahama Breeze.  

If you are open to anything in the Schaumburg area, you have lots of good options.
  • Options
    Yes, I have been there for a couple of events.  They hold it upstairs, completely separate from the bar area.  Food is decent, not great and it's a big area.  I didn't love it and didn't hate it.  

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My shower is at maggianos in schaumburg in a few weeks!!! Ill let you know. But i already knoe the food and service are great :
  • Options
    We had our rehearsal dinner at Westwood Tavern and they did an awesome job. We were in the wine room and it was perfect. Reasonably priced, excelent food and no charge for the room. We also looked at RAM, Maggianos and Coopers Hawk.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards