Illinois-Chicago
Options

Downtown Chicago Venues

Hello!

My Fiance Dave and I just got engaged last weekend and we're already starting to plan! We're shooting for a wedding in August of 2012 and are thinking we want it downtown Chicago.  We're looking for a fairly large location (preferrably hotel).  We need something somewhat cost efficient, but don't have a tight budget either. If you know of anywhere, please let me know! We've found a couple of ideas, but are looking for a couple of other options.

Thanks!!!

Re: Downtown Chicago Venues

• Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CONGRATS and welcome!! the ladies here are so incredibly helpful that you will find all your vendors based on recs!
    A few places downtown that are more reasonable are the Holiday Inn at the Merchandise Mart and Embassy Suites. A lot of places will offer you a "package" which includes reception, food, drink, cake, etc but most places will have minimums you have to hit. I would start looking ASAP as things tend to book up fairly quickly and you may be able to lock down 2010 or 2011 pricing for your 2012 wedding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!!!  Congrats and welcome!  I agree with MP, its great that you are starting to look bc that is a popular month! :)  How many people are you thinking?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check the Intercontinental.  The room is way nicer than most hotel ballrooms. 
    image **Married 7/9/11**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Hyatt Regency on Wacker.  They will work with you on prices and the wedding coordinator there is awesome.  My niece had some problems getting email responses at first, but that all worked out.

When the big day came, they were on the money with everything.
  • Options
    rombacjarombacja member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding at Maggianos - it holds 230 people with a dance floor and is priced pretty reasonably for downtown. (They say up to 250 with a dance floor, but that they have to put tables on the dance floor and then break them down before dance). The food is incredible obviously, but the hall is gorgeous. Lots of dark wood and high ceilings. But what I also like is that their most expensive package, with all the extras (wine with dinner, passed apps, top shelf liquor, etc) was similar in price to many of the hotels bare minimums.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards