Illinois-Chicago
Options

Orland - Eva's & HOB & David's

Ladies, have you had any experience with either of these?  Please share here!

Re: Orland - Eva's & HOB & David's

• Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I purchased a BM dress from HOB in Orland. The consultant was very nice--her name was Mary.  However, she basically convinced me that I needed really large size and I had to pay extra.  I was not really in the mood to protest.  When the dress arrived, it was of course way too big and then I had to pay additional to have it altered.  She did advise me to go an woman outside of the store who does alterations out of her house, so it was cheaper than it would have been at HOB.

I'm sort of hesitant to go their for my BM's. For the dress I bought there, we knew exactly what style and color, but I"m nervous that if you don't go there with an idea of what you want it might be a little intimidating.
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to the Davids in Orland and as long you know what you want going in, you'll be good. HOB usually just has you look through the racks of dresses, the consultants aren't super helpful. Both Davids and HOB are more self service in my opinion. I didn't go to Eva's but I've heard better things about them.
    My bridesmaid dresses are from Davids and we're excited about the style!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress and MOH dress at David's, but the one in Aurora. My consultant was GREAT! I went in with some clips of things I liked and she pulled dresses for me. I Fell in love with the 2nd one, but tried on a few more just to be sure.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We all got our dresses at David's Bridal in Orland.  They were awesome.  THe dresses came in earlier than expected and our consultant, Ebony, was great!!!  She helped me with some styles she thought would be flattering on me..
  • Options
    kellym050370kellym050370 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Although I didn't purchase my dress at Eva's, I was very happy with how I got treated, the number of dresses I was able to try on (I am a plus size gal) and the prices were great too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Eva's in Oak Lawn during a Maggie Sottero truck show. got my dress at a great price, but the consultant I worked with was aweful!!! but i did find my dress after only trying 5 on - and it's gorgeous, i cant wait to wear it! Feb 19, 2011 :)
    I went with the BM to HOB in Schaumburg for their dresses and had a good experience so far - great selection too.
    best of luck to you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have had excellent experiences at HOB in Schaumburg with my consultant Joanne K. I think that is the biggest HOB location, I would recommend it. I have not been to the one in Orland, but have fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Had a wonderful experience with HOB (consultant Laura) and David's (consultant Ebonique).  Ended up getting my dress and bridesmaids for David's (mostly bc my bridesmaids are from all over the country) but both were wonderful!

DID NOT LIKE EVA'S in OAK LAWN!!!  Pushy consultant and DIRTY dresses
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://chicago.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_orland-evas-hob-davids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:a2655ec9-2181-41a4-8562-85cb559b35abPost:ab126cea-53db-4ab5-b1c6-73e4856e5dfc">Re: Orland - Eva's & HOB & David's</a>:
    [QUOTE]I purchased a BM dress from HOB in Orland. The consultant was very nice--her name was Mary.  However, she basically convinced me that I needed really large size and I had to pay extra.  I was not really in the mood to protest.  When the dress arrived, it was of course way too big and then I had to pay additional to have it altered.  She did advise me to go an woman outside of the store who does alterations out of her house, so it was cheaper than it would have been at HOB. I'm sort of hesitant to go their for my BM's.
    Posted by aimers1525[/QUOTE]

This.  And we did not get a referral to a cheaper, outside seamstress (though we weren't at the Orland HOB location, in fairness).  I have posted several times habout my abiding hatred for HOB and their multiple high-pressure and otherwise sady busines practices.  My girls and I did not have a positive experience there.  I purchased my gown at Eva's in Orland: great purchase and alterations experience though the gown took longer to come in than originally stated.  The runaround I received when tyring to figure out why the gown hadn't arrived (less than a month before my wedding) was frustrating, but I got over it with great alterations and a beautiful gown.  Full review in my married bio.

Other posters have had less than flattering things to say on this thread about Eva's in Oak Lawn.  For what it's worth, the two Eva's are entirely separate companies with separate ownership.
    Wedding Date: January 16th, 2010

Cycle #5: BFP on June 14, 2011 -- Due Date: February 23, 2012 -- Born: February 26, 2012
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know there are a bunch of other posts about Eva's in Oak Lawn, but I do want to say that I had a great experience when I purchased my wedding dress there. My consultant was so nice and asked what styles of dresses I was interested in. All the dresses she brought me were everything that I described that I wanted. In fact, I described the dress that I ultimately purchased to her (I could only remember the designer, not the style #) and she knew exactly which one I was talking about.

Now, I haven't received my dress (I just ordered it in July and my wedding is in May), so I can't comment on how long it takes to come in, etc.  Additionally, she quoted me a pretty hefty price for alterations. However, she say they would give me a discount on altering my dress from straps to strapless w/a sweetheart neckline (which I plan on doing), but I still have the option of having my other alterations (hem, bustle, etc.) somewhere else..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards