Illinois-Chicago
Options

Joliet Ceremony

We booked our hall this weekend! I am very excited! And nervous at the same time! I haven't yet booked our ceremony location. I think I did  the booking backwards :) The place where we want to have our ceremony, Birdhaven Greenhouse in Joliet, the 3:30 time slots are completely filled for the whole month! They do have 1:30 available, however our reception will not start til 6. That seems like a pretty big time difference between the ceremony and reception. I don't know what the typical/ acceptable time is between ceremony and reception.  Does anyone else know of any other outdoor ceremony (only) sites in or close to Joliet?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Joliet Ceremony

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Jacob Henry Mansion can host an outdoor ceremony, also Barber and Oberwortmann Horticulture Center/Pilcher Park.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you know if Jacob Henry Mansion will do a ceremony there if the reception is not there as well? I think the Barber and Oberwortmann Horticulture Center/Pilcher Park is where receptions are held? The Birdhaven Greenhous is at the same place and is where ceremonies are done.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know you can do just ceremony in their church, so I dont see why they wouldnt do a ceremony on their newly renovated grounds.  Give them a call, they are a great bunch to work with.
  • Options
    Sparkle1985Sparkle1985 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the Jacob Henry.. Although me and LIB are both getting married there! Im positive you can do just the ceremony with them as I know other brides have done it.  Also, the birdhaven greenhouse is great! I took my engagement photos there and a family member of mine got married there as well.  Both are good ideas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards