Illinois-Chicago
Options

**Love is Bald**

What did you decide to do about your wedding??  Did you move it up or are you sticking with your original plans?  Sorry if I missed the post where you talked about this but I'm anxious to know!  I just saw you posted about invites so I'm curious to see if there's been a change of plans!  

Re: **Love is Bald**

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!!  I haven't posted any updates, actually, so you haven't missed much :)

But I do have 2 updates --  things with my mom are still not peachy.  We spoke another time after the first time, and we got no where and she ended up hanging up on me.. again.  I'm not sure if shes going through menopause or what her deal is, but she obviously can't handle things like an adult.  She called me the other day and asked me if I still wanted her to fly out here to Chicago on Tuesday, and I told her if she can come up here and have a different attitude, then i'll be willing to spend time with her, and if she cant get pass my vision for my wedding, then she cannot be apart of the process.  Her response?  "You are my daughter and I will always love you..."... umm?  Ok?  I'm not really sure what she meant by that, but she has made it clear she is not apologizing for anything and that I just need to "deal" with her.  So, basically nothing is cleared up and I am being a SAINT for giving her another chance (so says my friends).  She doesn't know we are looking for another venue and to cut the wedding down to 50 yet... more to follow on that one when I tell her next week :)

FI and I went today to look at Mystic Blue cruises at Navy Pier, but we were unimpressed.  So its on to the Signature Room next, and perhaps the Metropolitan Club thereafter.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LIB I loved the signature room! FI took me there for my "first" drink at midight on my21st birthday!

But I don't wantus to not be ddate buddies anymore!
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    Sparkle1985Sparkle1985 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LIB- I'm so sorry to hear this! I didn't know you were changing plans.  I hope everything works out for you! I'm sad we wont be venue twins :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh - sorry to hear things between you and your mom are still not going well.   I looked at the Metropolitan Club for our wedding - it actually wasn't as expensive as I was expecting it to be.  The main reason I decided against it was because it was too small.  They told me the room would fit between 200-250 and when I went there, I thought there was no way it would even be close.  But the views are obviously amazing and I liked everything else about it!  

Hope everything goes well with your mom if she comes to town and especially telling her about the change in plans!  
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @LIB--sorry to hear things still aren't going well with your mom. I'm sure you will figure everything out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards