Illinois-Chicago
Options

Interview florists?

Okay, so maybe this is a dumb question, but did you guys interview multiple florists?  I have quite a few I've looked at but wasn't sure how to go about picking one.  Did you just review their work online and read reviews or did you meet with more than one and get more than 1 quote?  Thanks in advance!

Re: Interview florists?

• Options
    HMandKWHMandKW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a quote from one and met with two others to get quotes from them.  In the end, I didn't really see how they would be different, so I think we're going with the cheapest one.  We ended up interviewing the second two because I wanted a quote and they said to come in so we did.  That way you can see pictures of actual weddings they did, as some don't have all that on their website.
  • Options
    ladybug7485ladybug7485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't think that this would matter to me but in the end I interviewed two. I thought I was going to go with one initially but then I found another that quoted me lower. I met with that florist (GnG Designs who I booked) and she seemed to have a lot more knowledge about flowers the the original florist. For example, I really liked an idea that the first florist proposed and I asked the second florist about it. She said (very gently because she thought it was my idea) that the idea sounds nice but we would definitly have to use different flowers because the ones I had brought up would not hold their color while immersed in water. The other florist hadn't even known this.
    Also, a responsible florist is very important because they basically set up the whole venue (if you have centerpieces etc) and need to be reliable. I think you can gauge this better while and after meeting with someone.
  • Options
    amylulichamylulich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The first florist I met with encouraged me to meet with others, but I was planning on it anyways.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards