Illinois-Chicago
Options

Bridesmaids Shoes

Curious as to what you other ladies are doing. Our 'theme' is plum with pewter as an accent. My girls are wearing plum dresses with silver jewelry and I'm debating on shoes. Should they be silver, or should they be plum? Is silver too much or is plum too matchy, matchy? (Decisions, decisions)  So tell me, what color are your girls' dresses and what color did you decide for shoes?

Re: Bridesmaids Shoes

• Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    our dresses are navy and at first I had them just wear silver shoes but then I found these on DSW.com and I bought them for each girl:
    they are a champagne color but not super dark

• Options
    peeweea213peeweea213 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My girls are wearing charcoal gray dresses with Tiffany blue shoes. I let them pick their dresses but I wanted them to have some uniform so Im having them purchase their shoes from payless. They offer several styles and custom colors. And they are pretty affordable, the girls liked that! I would probably go with a silver shoes for your girls.
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my bm's are wearing lavendar dresses and silver shoes :)

ETA: they are all picking whatever type of silver shoe they would like. I didn't specify that they all had to match.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My BMs' dresses were eggplant and they all wore black shoes.  It was a winter wedding.

ETA: I just asked the girls to wear black heels.  We didn't go out and find matching shoes for everyone.  Several girls wore shoes they already owned.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The wedding colors are champagne, magenta, and chartreuse (limey green). My girls dresses are champagne and they are all different styles, same designer. The flowers are pinks and greens and I let them pick whatever shoes they want. Some girls are wearing magenta shoes for fun and the others are wearing nude/ivory colored. I think a silverish shoe would look good with your plum dresses.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My bridesmaids dresses were a very deep purple as well and they all wore silver shoes.  Whatever silver shoes they wanted, whether they were flat or heels, didn't matter to me! 
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What color tuxes/suits are your guys wearing?  If black, I'd say black is safe option for BM's shoes and I'm sure plenty of them already own black, so that's an easy choice.

If not, I'd opt for silver over plum...I'd assume they'll be easier to find and more likely that the BM's could wear them again.

We had short BM dresses and I asked girls to wear gold shoes. Some already owned them and some bought shoes they knew they'd wear again.  Overall, it wasn't really noticeable that they were different.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My girls dresses are a dark silver (almost like pewter) my accent colors are hot pink and lime green...I told all my girls to wear whatever color they want( I don't care if they are black, white, pink green etc...)...some of them have already told me that they are looking for pink or green shoes...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help, ladies!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards