Illinois-Chicago
Options

Onsite Hair Emergency!

So I originally booked a hair stylist and make up person who work together.  Never at any point was I told I had to use them BOTH or neither.  I canceled the make up person because of some very unprofessional behavior and not wanting to deal with her drama on my wedding day.  Then the hair stylist told me if I don't do make up I have to cancel both.  I have already paid for trials and deposit etc.  What a nightmare.  So anyway, I found a make up artist who I love, and that is booked and all set. 

I need some onsite hair people.  I have me, my bridesmaids, and a few girlfriends getting ready with us and I am paying for everyone's hair and make up.  I am looking for hair recommendations.  I did email someone that I saw a recommendation on here for, but I haven't heard back.  I was looking for the $60-$70 range for the girls, I know mine will be more.  With 13 people getting hair done, we will likely need 2 hair people.  Does anyone have any good recommendations?  It's now less than 3 months to the wedding and I have no hair booked!  The wedding is September 18th in the Rosemont area and we have a getting ready room booked at the Intercontinental O'Hare.  Thanks!

Re: Onsite Hair Emergency!

• Options
    edited December 2011

I have booked with Starlight...they do both onsite hair and makeup but think its about $80 per girl....you could always call and see if she will work with you since you have such a large group!

Wedding Countdown Ticker 260 Invited image
    167 Thrilled to Attend image
    71 Devastated they can't make it image
    22 making us sweat it out image
    RSVP Date- June 30
  • Options
    ladybug7485ladybug7485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if this is the person that you emailed or not since I know I just recommended her but I'm using Melissa from Czar Salon and Spa in Naperville. Her email is melissaczarsalonspa@gmail.com.
    Her prices are about that range, I think a little higher for bridesmaids but it's actually the same price whether you're doing bridal hair or bridesmaids hair so since I was planning on paying more in the first place, I'm just paying for part of each bridesmaids hair to lower their cost. And I'm still paying lower then I'd planned.
    HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lisa Marie from Brides By Kelly is amazing! And she works well with groups! Highly recommend her!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im using Sharon Daniels salon out of Schaumburg, they'll come to you, and for large parties will send 2 people
    nikiplanning.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was just in a wedding last weekend and we used Hairspray Revolution. They were sooooo great. Suzy is the hair person, check out their website. they're very reasonably priced

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Morgan Blaul. Contant info is in my married bio.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Isela Alvarez from Michael Thomas Salon in Buffalo grove.  she came to my home and did 10 hairstyles for us.  I think her rate is $120/hour..which is about $60 per bridesmaid, $120 for bride.

(847) 913-5555
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Sharon Daniel Salon! Lindsey did the hair for my wedding and Jess did the hair for my friend's wedding. I've also heard good things about everyone else there! They come to you, the salon is located in Schaumburg so if you need to go there for trials it shouldn't be too far for you, and they're pretty much in your price range.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Holly from Chicago Bridal Hair And Makeup. Her work is flawless.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_onsite-hair-emergency?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:b6acb21c-d4af-4c16-8c35-13467c9d6705Post:6e06d674-dc5c-4c4a-90af-60c64fc52dac">Re: Onsite Hair Emergency!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using Holly from Chicago Bridal Hair And Makeup. Her work is flawless.
    Posted by cmstrauch[/QUOTE]
    We also used Holly and she did 7 of my BMs and they all looked FANTASTIC! everyone LOVED their hair and they were complimented like CRAZY!

Erica Anderson did my hair and a few other of my BMs as well. She can be reached at (630) 699-7117. She will also come right to the house.

If you're still looking for makeup, I used Sonia Roselli and Kimmay Nather and every single one of my girls was elated at how beautiful their makeup was; she was a last minute find (and a major gem) when my other MUA cancelled on me. <a href="http://www.facebook.com/beautybybrush">http://www.facebook.com/beautybybrush</a>
    imageimage
    Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
    Married Bio (Work In Progress)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone!  I am putting out emails and calls to lots of these people as some have my date booked already.  I appreciate all the help!!!  I will let you know how it works out. :)  You guys are the best!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards