Illinois-Chicago
Options

Plain or Colorful Shoes?

I LOVE the idea of wearing colorful funky shoes with a weddng dress. My dress is tea length so my shoes will definitely be seen at all times! The dress is ivory. I am going back and forth between just wearing ivory shoes that match the dress or doing something different.

With the lenght of the dress, would colorful shoes bee too distracting?
What colors would look good with ivory?

Re: Plain or Colorful Shoes?

• Options
    MsBunny312MsBunny312 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you could wear almost any color shoes with an ivory dress. Really your possibilities are unlimited. You could chose a color from your color scheme (if you have one) or just find a great shoe that coordinates nicely.

The second way is how I'm finding my shoes. I just want something trendy and fabulous and just make sure the color coordinates. I don't need it to match — I'm not big into the matchy-matchy look. My dress has a handkerchief hem, so my shoes will definitely show.
  • Options
    honeybee724honeybee724 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I agree that your options are endless- I wouldn't pick black or brown but I think almost anything else would be fine.  If it were me I'd probably pick something that goes with your colors or just blue. 
    My dress is ivory- but long.  My shoes will not be seen that often.  I originally wanted something fun dyed a bright color but wasn't happy with what I found.  Finally I just picked silver sandals with rhinestones on the straps- they're cute and a little bit different.  Plus I'd have bought them even if I wasn't getting married!

WHO DEY!
  • Options
    ErinC85ErinC85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm wearing bright red shoes under my long dress. With a tea length dress I would probably choose a more subdued color. Maybe a lilac or light blush pink?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been really thinking about having colored shoes. I fell in love with a dress a little longer than my knees (haven't tried in on yet, but it's so my style) and think it would be so funky and fresh to have bright red heels on (it's definately my personality since hot pink tights are in my wardrobe. :)
  • Options
    mbuhpathimbuhpathi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you have a second pair to change into at the reception?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe buying 2 pairs might work. Getting married in Vegas and having a reception back at home. I like the idea of a pinkish shoe!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I vote color. Show off your style.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards