Illinois-Chicago
Options

Responses- Rant.....

I am freaking out, we are getting married 2/5/11 and the invites went out on December 5th. I have gotten so many responses back where people are not putting their names on the response card????? and there is no return address! I have these mystery people that are not attending, or they are attending but they have not followed directions that simply say " Please initial entree choice for each guest" I don't know what to do!

Has anyone else had these troubles? There is a line on the response card, but we omitted the M, because there are several doctors invited, and I thought it would be easier for those guests, I guess I was mistaken. I wish I would have wrote their names on the back of the cards, but it's too late for that Frown
Any advise? I'm thinking of waiting until the responses are due and then calling the people that have not responded, ot that responded with no name. What do you girls think?

Re: Responses- Rant.....

• Options
    stephasuasustephasuasu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh NO! I would wait for them to all come back in order to piece together this puzzle. They, you can see who you are missing and call them up. If they say they sent their card, they you can explain that they forgot to put their name on it. We numbered our guest list and then placed a tiny number on the back of each response card so that we could cross reference our list in case this happened. Surprisingly, it didn't. 
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yea it sounds like you're going to have to wait until you get all your cards back in to figure out these mystery guests. Good luck!!
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the pp's.

Also, you may get lucky for some...check to see where the RSVP was sent back from via the post office stamp.  If you only have one guest living in FL and the RSVP was sent from FL, well then it's safe to assume it's from them.  This may or may not help, but worth a try.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_responses-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:b7e8a541-af65-4fac-8c5f-88b673f61ac0Post:cb5dc67d-2e67-41a7-bc7f-26f779e7c66c">Re: Responses- Rant.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh NO! I would wait for them to all come back in order to piece together this puzzle. They, you can see who you are missing and call them up. If they say they sent their card, they you can explain that they forgot to put their name on it. <strong>We numbered our guest list and then placed a tiny number on the back of each response card so that we could cross reference our list in case this happened.</strong> Surprisingly, it didn't. 
    Posted by stephasuasu[/QUOTE]
    We did this as well....it has been a lifesaver!
    Jan 2011 January SC- Wedding Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    396 were invited image
    250 will be there!image
    146 are missing outimage
    0 are still thinkingimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The numbering option was suggested to me also, but I knew I'd lose the list or something dumb like that.  What I did was leave the M________ line completely blank and ran the RSVP cards through my printer, printing each invited guest(s) name with a matching font.  I'm sure it isn't "proper" etiquette, but it worked for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards