Illinois-Chicago
Options

Dress Shopping Western Suburbs

Hi everyone,

I'm new-ish to the Knot and am starting my hunt for a wedding dress!  I'm looking to stay in the Western 'burbs, at small shops (i.e., no House of Brides, David's, etc.--not really for me).  So far I have appointments at The Dress by Nicole in Wheaton, A Joyful Occasion in Naperville, Crystal Bride in Geneva, and White Satin Bridal in Plainfield.  I'm looking to stay within a moderate price range (under $2,000).  I've been to Wolsfelt in Montgomery/Aurora before.  Is there anywhere else really fantastic that I'm missing?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress Shopping Western Suburbs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You will love Crystal Bride. I did almost all of the boutiques you did and fell in love there. Ask for Chantal to run your appointment.
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here Comes The Bride in Addison, the owner is really great and they have a nice selection.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Crystal Bride is always the one I recommend and I agree, Chantal is my favorite! :)

I've never been to this one, but a few blocks away from Crystal Bride on Rt. 38/Main Street is a Veiled "something" store, I don't quite remember the name.While I don't have any reviews you may want to check it out since it's close.

Happy Shopping!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from the Bridal Mansion in Lisle and had a fantastic experience. Margie was my consultant and she was great!
  • Options
    netgrl22netgrl22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Veiled in Elegance is the store right down the street from the Crystal Bride in Geneva.  It is a decent store, not as good as Crystal Bride, but if you have time and you're there it's worth checking out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bella Bridal in St. Charles was the cutest place!  They are really friendly.  I almost went with a dress there but it really wasn't "The One".  I'd still recommend the place though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Aisle Style in Elmhurst.  The owner is very nice.  They have a wide range of price points.  I got a WToo gown for $750.
  • Options
    TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, thank you so much for all of the responses!  I have quite a few new stores to add to my list.  Thanks again and hope to be around here more!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would not recommend The Bridal Mansion in Lisle.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_dress-shopping-western-suburbs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:b87c9c56-e9be-420f-a22f-07e59b4abf9bPost:e6807e7b-57f5-4383-8ee8-6d30d47dbfc3">Re: Dress Shopping Western Suburbs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Crystal Bride is always the one I recommend and I agree, Chantal is my favorite! :) I've never been to this one, but a few blocks away from Crystal Bride on Rt. 38/Main Street is a Veiled "something" store, I don't quite remember the name.While I don't have any reviews you may want to check it out since it's close. Happy Shopping!
    Posted by jenniferandstephen[/QUOTE]

It is called Veiled in Elegance, the owner is very nice and it looks like they have a nice selection of gowns, in their small shop.
    I loved Crystal Bride, and had a nice experience at Wolsfelts. You cannot go wrong at any of these shops really.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards