Illinois-Chicago

TGIF! Come on in...

What's everyone up to this weekend WR/NWR?  (wedding related/non-wedding related)?

Re: TGIF! Come on in...

• edited December 2011
    WR:  We are going to men's wearhouse to browse through suits/tuxes

NWR:  Relaxing... shoveling out our ridiculously long driveway (i'll play foreman, FI can shovel! hey, im sick I gotta take advantage)
  • edited December 2011
    WR: Cantigny Bridal show! And maybe working on the invites since those have to be printed Feb. 20. , my mom also said she wants to discuss the bridal shower

NWR: Grandmas yohrzheit (service on the anniversary of her death), going to see my parents, lesson plans,
    Anniversary image
  • MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR: trying on my dress for the first time!! we are also going to look for RB outfits and shoes on Saturday.

NWR: relaxing and probably cleaning
  • edited December 2011
    WR: Visiting some possible venues on Monday (I have a 3 day weekend)

NWR: Cleaning the house and getting some rest
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    WR- nada!

NWR- girls' weekend! our friend from st. louis is visiting.  I get to show off the ring ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kellym050370kellym050370 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR - finishing up deciding on the rest of the names for the tables (each table is named after our favorie authors with a quote from our favorite book by that person).

NWR - going to a friend's house for a little party followed up by drinks with some girlfriends later. 
  • aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This has been the longest week everrrrr!

WR: Finalize transportation contract, decide on menu tasting options, maybe decide on ceremony stuff....there are about a million more things I should be doing...blah

NWR: concert tomorrow night, need to clean too, put away a bunch of registry stuff we got for Christmas (opps, it's still sitting in boxes on the floor!)
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    WR: Our engagement party is tonight! Then we're meeting with two photographers on Sunday.

NWR: Joint b-day party for two of our friends on Saturday. Laundry (I hope) and groceries (I hope) at some point. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_tgif-come?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:b898ad15-186d-4734-bb8a-b9d03b5960d6Post:f8d7089e-ffa1-44fd-a8ad-de89d0a7eeba">Re: TGIF! Come on in...</a>:
    [QUOTE]WR: Our engagement party is tonight! Then we're meeting with two photographers on Sunday. NWR: Joint b-day party for two of our friends on Saturday. Laundry (I hope) and groceries (I hope) at some point. 
    Posted by cschiano[/QUOTE]

Did you end up signing with your venue yet? I've been wondering what you ended up choosing!
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_tgif-come?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:b898ad15-186d-4734-bb8a-b9d03b5960d6Post:f9b7af28-6184-49d8-9544-7c9fa501c09e">Re: TGIF! Come on in...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TGIF! Come on in... : Did you end up signing with your venue yet? I've been wondering what you ended up choosing!
    Posted by Love is Bald[/QUOTE]
    We have a mock up of the contract. I can PM you if you're dying to know :) We also changed our date from the 8th to the 22nd of October because we realized the marathon is the weekend of the 8th. . . whoops! 
  • edited December 2011
    WR:  Preping for the tasting on Turesday...don'twant to eat or drink too much this weekend :) Sunday: adding some stuff to our BB&B registry
    NWR: Dinner with my grirlfriends at work tonight then to see one of my coworkers perform in an alumni cheerleading show at her high school (the rest of us will be having sangria before hand so this should be pretty funny) Working tomorrow then heading to my parents to celebrate my sister's 19th bitrthday
  • KATERS882KATERS882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nothing wedding related so far!  I think this is the first weekend in awhile like that.

We did tuxes last week and we have another cake tasting next week (our first cake tasting was a bad experience and our hall is sending us somewhere else).
  • TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nothing planned at all, WR or NWR!  Thank goodness--looking forward to a very relaxing weekend.  Enjoy all of your fun plans everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • peeweea213peeweea213 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    WR - Monday night is our tasting :)

NWD - Tomorrow morning is my nieces Christening :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards