Illinois-Chicago
Options

catering decision

Has  anyone used or are going to use Blue plate, Food for Thought , Hel's Kitchen, Jewel events or J&L?  If so, what was your opinion and who did you work with?

Re: catering decision

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used J&L.  We worked with Rachel and she was fantastic.  People were raving about the food for weeks after the wedding!
    Married!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Blue Plate.  Thus far, Robin Winer has bee absolutely fantastic.  I have never head anything but rave reviews about their food, and I am SO excited to have our tasting in 2 weeks!

Also, they assign you a personal waiter for the wedding, so you always have what you need!
    image **Married 7/9/11**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Food for Thought is the best. I have used Blue Plate for a work related function and they did a nice job, but FFT gives something extra. They are incredibly creative with their menus and the consultatns are awesome. I personally recommend Christine Grant. She is incredibly professional and is so much more than a catering consultant. She can make recommendations for other vendors as well. She's the best!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using J&L and are working with Jim.  So far he has been absolutely fabulous and really listens to what you want for your reception and helps you envision those things you are a little unsure of as this time.  He is also acting as our day of coordinator so we don't have to worry about hiring someone else...this is all included!

They provided a wonderful tasting for us so I would at least give them a try and see what you think (oh and they really were great with working well within our budget :) )!

Good Luck!!

Alexilyse, I would be very interested in to know you served at your wedding!  We are working on finalizing the menu and there are so many great options but it sounds like you walked away with people being satisfied and that's exactly what we want! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards