Illinois-Chicago

Day-of Timeline

So, every time I even try to think about how things will go and what times to do what on the wedding day, I give up.  I don't know why, but I can't wrap my head around the whole thing and how it will flow.  I know that I have time but I really want to start figuring this out so I can have peace of mind that it will all go well. 

We are having our ceremony and reception at one location.  Ceremony starts at 5:30.  I have 5 BM's and only 2 want to have their hair done ( by different people ) so we are not going to do the salon thing. 

For those of you who are having or have had ceremony/reception at one location, how was your day lined up?  I can't even think of what questions I want to ask, I swear my brain just freezes when I think about this!  UGH.

TIA girls

Re: Day-of Timeline

• edited December 2011
    I would just start backwards from the 5:30pm ceremony.

Like: 
    ceremony starts: 5:30pm
    arrive at ceremony site: 5pm
    leave house: 4:30pm
    take pics: 4pm
    get dressed: 3:30pm
    eat lunch: 3pm
    leave hair salon: 2:30pm
    arrive at salon for hair/makeup: 12:30pm

etc, etc...its easier to do it from an end point than to plan the whole day going forward. 
  • jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto working backwards. Also ask the salon for help, as they've probably done this many times and can provide some helpful insight as to how long you should plan at the salon and how far in advance you want to be finished.
  • Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Working backwards does work. However, I didn't really trust myself and my time budgeting skills.

I simply googled wedding timeline and found one for exactly what I needed. It had the time of our ceremony, the fact that we wanted to take pictures before the wedding....All I had to do was tweek by a half hour b/c we are having a full Mass and not just a ceremony.
    When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I forgot to mention that we are NOT taking pics together before the ceremony, so the guys will need to be at a different location up until we arrive at the venue.

I wonder if I can delegate this task to a family member or BM : )
  • edited December 2011
    I just made a timeline on my own.
    I had 3 BMs have hair and make up done and 2 moms have make up only and myself.  We started getting ready at 10:30, and our ceremony was at 5.  It worked out pretty well.  I wish I would have had more time for pics, but it was fine.

We didn't see each other before either.  But photographer was at my house taking pics at 2:30.

I hope that helps.  Don't let it stress you out.  Put one together half-ass, take breaks, and keep working on it.  Nothing will be perfect as far as your estimated times, but that is what it is, just estimated times.

Good Luck!

Danielle
  • edited December 2011
    i'd also suggest asking your vendors.

when we met with our photographer and told her our rough timeline (ceremony and recpetion in the same place, ceremony starting at 7), she gave us a timeline for everything from hair and make-up, getting ready pictures, ceremony, cocktail hour, cake cutting, first dance, dinner, speeched, dessert, all of it.  she was great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards