Illinois-Chicago

Tip at Hair / Make-up Trial

Hi Ladies, 

I wanted to see how much you tipped at your hair & make-up trial before your wedding. I am trying to figure out if I should still do the standard 20% is that expected?

Thanks for your help,

Ashley

Re: Tip at Hair / Make-up Trial

• I tipped 15% but mostly because it was pretty expensive for my trials ($70 for each hair and make up). The website for the makeup artists say tipping is not necessary but accepted. I will tip 20% on the wedding day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 15-20 % is standard.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks Ladies.... Who are you guys using? I'm working with Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry. 

• i am using Tamara make up and hair as well! Working with Melanie for hair and Cristina for make up. They are awesome and my trial was awesome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We used Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry as well. I think we tipped 20% for both the trial and wedding. We worked with Jodi for hair and Cristina for makeup. I absolutely loved them! They were so much fun and did a great job. We got so many compliments even months after the wedding.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_tip-at-hair-make-up-trial?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:c3c321b1-9029-4076-bcc7-d19d5afc4e23Post:f2db6ec7-6aac-4910-9cb3-0aaaf2882529">Re: Tip at Hair / Make-up Trial</a>:
    [QUOTE]i am using Tamara make up and hair as well! Working with Melanie for hair and Cristina for make up. They are awesome and my trial was awesome!
    Posted by LawyerLover810[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Oh wow I have the same combo. I am so excited to hear that :) </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_tip-at-hair-make-up-trial?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:c3c321b1-9029-4076-bcc7-d19d5afc4e23Post:132253e6-1f2f-4182-b7d1-fa658e7f67a3">Re: Tip at Hair / Make-up Trial</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry as well. I think we tipped 20% for both the trial and wedding. We worked with Jodi for hair and Cristina for makeup. I absolutely loved them! They were so much fun and did a great job. We got so many compliments even months after the wedding.
    Posted by Cony&Ben[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>This makes me so happy to hear! :) </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards