Illinois-Chicago

wedding colors.

I still have a lot of time... but... I can't decide on a color scheme for our wedding.  I loved the ivory/champagne look, but gosh... it seems so boring!  How do I decide this?

Re: wedding colors.

• ErinC85ErinC85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think its terribly important to have a really distinct color scheme. If you like champagnes, ivories, metallics, and such-thats enough of a color scheme to help you make decisions and have a cohesive look. It sounds really pretty to me. 
  • edited December 2011
    I love the ivory/champagne look! It reminds of of Charlotte's (first) wedding in sex and the city and all the girls wore champagne colored bridesmaid dresses. 

you could do champagne, ivory, and one other color? 
  • edited December 2011
    do you think like a mocha kind of color??

I see all these invitations with bright colors and I'm like thats so cool!!! but I feel like I need the invitations to match the colors i'm choose for the BM dresses
  • jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the ivory/champagne look is so elegant. But if you feel like you need color, you can use it as an accent and there are sooo many that you could choose from. We did sage green with ivory and champagne.  Mocha would be beautiful too. I feel like there are not many colors that do not go with champagne/ivory!
  • morgie44morgie44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What do you want your wedding to feel like?  To me champagne and ivory are elegant and traditional.  Bright, bold colors to me say fun and modern.  Which one of these moods fits your vision for the wedding?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_wedding-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:c8544c19-2c89-4900-a602-246c6406b990Post:2a1a7057-71d8-4bf2-8831-9fe84a84baa7">Re: wedding colors.</a>:
    [QUOTE]What do you want your wedding to feel like?  To me champagne and ivory are elegant and traditional.  Bright, bold colors to me say fun and modern.  Which one of these moods fits your vision for the wedding?
    Posted by morgie44[/QUOTE]
    I 100% agree. Champagne and ivory are very beautiful, elegant colors. If you want something less formal, you can always add a brighter color.
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I am using those colors for my reception but my BMS are wearing coral and sunshine yellow to bring out some summer colors.  I didn't want the girls to look like my table linens or invitations so I wanted to make sure they stood out just a little bit.

Babymiri Kiss
  • Jacqueline210Jacqueline210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think ivory and champagne are boring at all. I think the combo is highly sophisticated and elegant. However, as others have suggested, you could punch it up with the addition of another color. I think something rich and saturated would be a nice addition, like a deep eggplant or navy blue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards