Illinois-Chicago
Options

Ceremony Musician Recommendations

Initially, I didn't even consider hiring someone for our ceremony, but now I'm starting to think that might be a nice idea.  I'm not even sure how much this would cost.  I'm thinking something simple like a violinist and maybe one other instrument? 
Does anyone have any recommendations?

Re: Ceremony Musician Recommendations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    One option is to contact local colleges with music programs. Northwestern and Elmhurst are two options. GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Di Arte Entertainment, I am having them perfrom at my ceremony as a string quartet but I know she has different packages.  She is also very affordable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 260 Invited image
    167 Thrilled to Attend image
    71 Devastated they can't make it image
    22 making us sweat it out image
    RSVP Date- June 30
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you go to gigmasters ( www.gigmasters.com ),  you can indicate what you're looking for and they will provide you with quotes.  It's an easy way to contact a lot of vendors at once.
  • Options
    mapales2mapales2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Joyce Anne Wilder.  She calls her service Flute Plus.  We are using a flute and a cello for our ceremony.  They are playing the ceremony and they are also coming to the rehearsal the night before just to make sure things run smoothly.  She is charging us $350 total.  Here is the link to her info on weddingwire.com

http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/flute-plus-lombard/1828be9e4f2a1e70.html
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I second using gigmasters.com.  We got our musicians that way - and I highly recommend them as well - Innocenti Strings.  They do any combination/number of musicians.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_ceremony-musician-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:cf1ad8cf-c7f1-44cf-a35a-14c42d635d74Post:30437f0f-8fb7-4db9-a16f-bc953a17c271">Re: Ceremony Musician Recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I second using gigmasters.com.  We got our musicians that way - and I highly recommend them as well - Innocenti Strings.  They do any combination/number of musicians.
    Posted by creese72[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind me asking-about how much are you paying?  I am also looking into ceremony musicians and I have no idea what price range I'm looking at! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards