Illinois-Chicago
Options

Old Saint Pats

For those brides who have booked Old St Pats before the rule change, and have already signed a contract for your photographer, what are you doing?

Re: Old Saint Pats

• Options
    edited December 2011
    do tell, what exactly is the new rule and when did it go into effect??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
      Not sure what the rule is, but I'm assuming it has something to do with strict photography since a lot of Catholic churches have this rule (sorry, don't know too much since I'm not Catholic and my church allows it).  There's a few knotties who got married there and hopefully they can help give more advice, but using the words " more sensible" and "demand" are a lot strong IMO...
  • Options
    IzzyBarIzzyBar member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard from other brides and discussion posts that Old St. Pat's is regulating who the wedding photographer is for the church ceremony.  There is a very small list of photographers (I think only 3) who are allowed to take pictures in the church, no exceptions.  As a couple, you are only allowed to pick from their list and if your choice photographer is not on the list, then that photographer won't be able to do the ceremony. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes.  The rule is that there is a specified list of photographers AND videographers that are allowed in the church for ceremonies, no exceptions.  That's very unfortunate for folks who booked the church and the rule went into effect after the fact (I feel they should honor your already chosen photographer, or refund you something).

We have our heart set on that church, the two problems being the huge "required donation" of $1000 and the photographer list.  I did mention we were orginally having a family member do the pictures; no equipment other than himself and a camera.  She said she would look into it/see what she could do as I played the "we're on a budget card."  Could be something to consider.

Yet I do understand where the church is coming from.  They don't want any old photographer stumbling about with equipment in such an old, historic building.  It is, after all, one of 5 buildings to survive the Chicago Fire.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow this is terrible. Our venue requires that our photo and video people have a certificate of insurance. I think the church should not be so selfish in inviting in so many brides and restricting them to use the company. I did a google search and it looks like they make you use Ed Fox. I am not familiar with their name.
  • Options
    colleenoc81colleenoc81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As much as anyone may be set to get married at a church, those stipulations are ridiculous. I would seriously considering contacting the Archdiocese of Chicago to see if they are aware of these regulations. According to the Archdiocese of Joliet (DuPage county), churches can't charge for receiving a sacrament. I would reconsider this church (as great as it may be).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards