Illinois-Chicago
Options

Rolf's Patisserie

Hey Chicago area brides, 

has anyone used Rolf's Patisserie in Lincolnwood?  I intend on using them as my cake baker, I was wondering if any of you have used them and maybe have photos of your cakes...the pictures on the website are small and hard to see the detail.  

205image 151image 26image 29image
RSVP Date June 25

Re: Rolf's Patisserie

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding that had a cake from there... I don't remember or have a picture of what it looked like, I only remember the cake was from there because it was one of the best tasting wedding cakes I had ever eaten I later asked the bride where it was from!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Brie2010 is using them and loves them.
    My cousin is also using them for her May wedding and loved the tasting 2 weeks ago.
    We are using them for our July wedding and our tasting will be soon- with all the raves, we can't wait!
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our cake tasting @ Rolf's is scheduled for the end of March.  I have never had a cake from there.  It is included in our wedding package (Brookfield Zoo) and I cannot imagine that the zoo would use a baker that is less than spectacular.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using them and had our tasting at the end of January. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pics and so I only have the tiny pics from their website, too.
    The cake wasn't really that important to us but after our tasting, we are now really excited about it.  FI says he wants to eat the top tier the day after the wedding!
  • Options
    bhagerty1180bhagerty1180 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using them as well for our wedding in May.  It was included in the package.  I enjoyed the tasting, the cakes were good and moist.  I have no doubts that are cake will look and taste great!
  • Options
    mbuhpathimbuhpathi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have had cake from there. I don't have a picture because I was a guest at a wedding. It was very good tasting. If I remember right, it was a classic tasting cake but so delicious.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is really great to hear!  

I was originally going to get my cake someplace else....My sister and MOH is a pastry chief and she was going to work with one of her Chief's from Culinary school but couldn't get in touch w/ him so we will have to use Rolf's....she is planing on embellishing the cake more at the start of the resection w/ gum paste flowers but I'm glad to hear the cake taste good!  

Thanks 

205image 151image 26image 29image
    RSVP Date June 25

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We just had our tasting there this past Sunday and thought they were wonderful!  They had a ton of options and they are all delicious. My boss went to a wedding at my venue and said he ate 4 pieces of cake because it was so good! (from Rolf's) so I am guessing it was good! :)
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • Options
    dssalisburydssalisbury member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews...I just sent them an email inquiry about cheesecakes! (I don't like regular cake, so cheesecake it is!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having our cake from their because we are also doing the Brookfield Zoo (woohoo @GettingHitched!).

The cake is pretty good with a good number of options, as we just had our tasting there last week.

I will admit though, I was really unhappy with getting to our tasting -- when we first called the woman, she wasn't there and never called us back. We called again and left another message. We finally scheduled a date -- the first available opening was a month away. When we had to reschedule, we called repeatedly and the woman who is in charge of wedding cakes is NEVER there. We asked her hours, and they're like oh, every day from 9-4 or 5...to which we responded, "Well, it's 3:30 today, and yesterday we called at 3...."  So they had an assistant reschedule, and she screwed up the appointment. When they called us, they said they couldn't fit us in, but when we begged (my fiance and I work opposite hours, so it was the only time we had -- I was actually taking off work) they finally said yes -- but then no one told the woman! She called us back 15 minutes later asking if we were going to do it or not, as her assistant apparently hadn't told her we had said yes. When we finally got there it took 10 minutes for someone to finally help us....UGH!

I will say that once we were helped, everyone was VERY nice and we are pretty happy with our cake -- but it was a real bitch to get there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards