Illinois-Chicago
Options

Things to do in Geneva, IL

My fiance is in the Army and will have to leave for Georgia soon after the wedding. Since we only have four nights, we are having a mini honeymoon at the Herrington Inn in Geneva. Does anyone have any suggestions on some special things that we can do in the aera? I want to make our time together special before he leaves and we don't want to feel like we totally missed out on a honeymoon.

Re: Things to do in Geneva, IL

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Both Batavia, Geneva, and St. Charles have cute downtowns that you can walk to. Geneva has a BYOB Thai place that is decent- I don't remember the name. I don't know what other stuff they have to do but they probably have a website and I bet they have lots of holiday stuff coming up.
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Graham's ice cream/chocolate shop is on Third st. and has fabulous dark chocolate bitter chip ice cream.  It's SO good.  

I've never been there, but there's this Mexican place on State St. I believe, called Bien Trucha.  It's gotten rave reviews, but be warned, apparently they do not take reservations and there can be a three hour wait.  But if you put your name in, apparently they'll call you while you go do other things.

The Little Traveler is a really fun little shop to walk around in.  Also on Third St.
  • Options
    Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Geneva is always decorated very nicely at Christmas time.  It's nice wandering around and poking in and out of the shops.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @ MrsMLRB: Are you talking about Thai Villiage on Wilson? That's my favorite resteraunt! Thanks for the ideas. We'll be there from Jan 1-4th if that helps any.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_things-geneva-il?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:dc31531c-8e9d-4737-b07d-d82cc4976f0dPost:f5340019-a38f-496f-93fa-7acbc4c4995a">Re: Things to do in Geneva, IL</a>:
    [QUOTE]@ MrsMLRB: Are you talking about Thai Villiage on Wilson? That's my favorite resteraunt! Thanks for the ideas. We'll be there from Jan 1-4th if that helps any.
    Posted by Miremberebecca[/QUOTE]

No I was actually talking about Bangkok Restaurant on State St (which is in downtown). Its okay Thai food. But I may have to go check out Thai Village- I am still hunting for Thai food near Aurora (not the mall side but the other side).
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I live in Aurora and it's not a terrible drive. Like I said, it's one of my favorites. It's very cute and quiet and it's also BYOB. They have great food and the prices aren't unreasonable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards