Illinois-Chicago
Options

Vicki Nelson of Vicki's Bridal?

Hi all!
  I'm helping out a friend who is wedding planning in Chicago. She's having her gown custom made by Vicki Nelson. Has anyone used her to make a custom gown? Right now we're a little worried about how the process is going, so I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has feedback.

Re: Vicki Nelson of Vicki's Bridal?

• Options
    I used Vicki's Bridal for my wedding gown. She designed and made it : Turned out beautiful!!
  • Options
    I realize this is probably no longer helpful since it's a few years old, but I used Vicki for a custom 50s style dress and birdcage veil and everything was awesome. The convenience of the home fittings was perfect for me (I never wanted to go into a bridal salon and try on dresses and be the center of attention). Even towards the end when I got a little too big for the dress to zip up all the way, she remained totally calm and collected and immediately came up with a great plan to make sure everything was perfect for the wedding. And in the end, everything was. She was respectful of my choices but was bold enough to make her own suggestions (after all, she IS the one with the fashion expertise) and my dress ended up being even better than I could imagine. Oy. I didn't mean to gush so much. hah
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards