Illinois-Chicago
Options

New Year's Eve

Re: New Year's Eve

• Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I got engaged at Buckingham Fountain on NYE last year so I think I am going to try and convince him to go downtown for the fireworks again. I hate going to bars this night because the cover and drinks are ridiculous. None of our friends are hosting parties this year.
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For the past three years FI and I have gone on vacation to somewhere warm for NYE, but we couldn't justify spending the money since we just bought  a condo and need to save for our wedding/honeymoon. So, we're just going out to eat and spending the night at home, celebrating our engagement-anniversary haha which is Jan. 5th!
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love to go see Mike and Joe at the Hyatt Regency and do that NYE party but we usually just go to a nice dinner and stay in together. very low key...hard part is my birthday is Jan 2nd so it's a lot going on in that weekend!
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We're still debating on doing a bar-package or not...any suggestions?

We typically don't do anything crazy or exciting for NYE b/c it always gets so hyped up and then is usually a let down.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are not doing anything this year....a couple of years ago we did a candlelight bowling thing with a few other friends of ours ( I think it was $50 per couple for bowling, eating and open bar)..i would like to do that again, but we need to save some money after the wedding in July, honeymoon, and of course, moving into a new house in November !!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    just goin to FBIL/FSIL's house.  keepin it low key.. the older i get, the more my friends call me "grandma"...lol! :)
  • Options
    stephasuasustephasuasu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Going to a wedding! Can't wait! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We don't have any plans yet and none of our friends are hosting anything this year. We can't afford to go to a big bar thing because of the wedding/honeymoon costs. Maybe we will just go to dinner?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance's best man and his wife are hosting the 3rd annual 'random t-shirt contest' party at their house.  Always fun and hoping to win this year, I tied last year!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_new-years-eve-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:e68391dd-8021-4de4-870f-ec17a961ee28Post:211ac481-1e4a-42d3-9636-d19451217720">Re: New Year's Eve</a>:
    [QUOTE]Going to a wedding! Can't wait! 
    Posted by stephasuasu[/QUOTE]
    I went to a wedding for NYE one year, it was a blast!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am staying in this year. We may have a few friends over, but that's it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_new-years-eve-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:e68391dd-8021-4de4-870f-ec17a961ee28Post:b38b6c4c-d5d9-41a5-a318-a80ea4935aee">Re: New Year's Eve</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would love to go see Mike and Joe at the Hyatt Regency and do that NYE party but we usually just go to a nice dinner and stay in together. very low key...hard part is my birthday is Jan 2nd so it's a lot going on in that weekend!
    Posted by MrsPaps[/QUOTE]

I love Mike and Joe...totally reminds me of my college days!!!

We are probably just staying in. I think I might go to costco and get some giant crab legs and make a nice candlelit dinner for the future hubby since he will have to work that day :(
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_new-years-eve-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:e68391dd-8021-4de4-870f-ec17a961ee28Post:fa3eaab4-1792-47a3-b034-d9aaedff1c36">Re: New Year's Eve</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Year's Eve : I love Mike and Joe...totally reminds me of my college days!!! We are probably just staying in. I think I might go to costco and get some giant crab legs and make a nice candlelit dinner for the future hubby since he will have to work that day :(
    Posted by lkeefner[/QUOTE]
    I totally fell in LOVE with Mike and Joe at college too...and it's one of FI fav live bands to which rocks. Takes me back to seeing them at the Bluebird in college :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards