Illinois-Chicago
Options

Shower-Tea-downtown

Hi ladies,

I'm a former Knottie and now I hang out on the Bump but I could use some help. 

I'm looking to host a small wedding shower for my future SIL downtown in August.  We were thinking tea.  I know the Drake does high tea but that's about it.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

TIA!

Re: Shower-Tea-downtown

• Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I know the Peninsula offers a Tea Time in The Lobby....and the Metromix recommends these 5:

http://chicago.citysearch.com/list/105931
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know that my MOH and 1 of my bridesmaids looked into teas and instead opted for a dessert type shower at Hot Chocolate in Bucktown. Something different. I don't have a lot or any details for that matter other than the location
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is Russian Tea Time on Adams, which is right across from the art museum. I haven't been there but I walk past there quite a bit.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FMIL are tea people and this has become our favorite activity to do together since FI and I started dating. We do afternoon tea about once a month. Our favorite is at the RItz with the Peninsula coming in a close second. I'd suggest considering a hotel because they might be able to set you up in a more private area, depending on how many guests will be attending.
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies!  I will check those out.  I appreciate the help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards