Illinois-Chicago

NWR: "The Help"

*Note: OP doesn't contain spoilers; don't worry!*

Ah, I saw from the poll some of you are going to read it.  We read it for bookclub in June and I LOVED it!  We (bookclub), just went and saw the movie yesterday.

It's a great book!!

Re: NWR: "The Help"

• aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is it worth reading the book even after I saw the movie? I usually hate reading books after I've already seen the movie....
  • edited December 2011
    What bookclub are you in? 
  • MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really want to see the movie but I need to read the book first!
  • fashionxfashionx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just finished this book on Friday and I loved it. I plan on seeing the movie this week, but I have to say that the book is great so I'm sure you would be happy reading it. It's well written from the different characters' perspectives.
    Nov 2011 Brides - Fav Cocktail
    Pomegranate Margarita
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_nwr-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:f598bab0-c401-4d8a-950b-fcd908975bcfPost:417e76e3-3f2f-4e2c-81cd-aba91bef03c6">Re: NWR: "The Help"</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is it worth reading the book even after I saw the movie? I usually hate reading books after I've already seen the movie....
    Posted by aimers1525[/QUOTE]

Eh, I wouldn't!  But I'm the same way. The book has more detail and small events, but overall I'd say the movie is true to the book.  I even cried/got teary-eyed at the same parts of the movie as I did when reading the book.
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_nwr-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:f598bab0-c401-4d8a-950b-fcd908975bcfPost:edc29e73-d77a-46c4-8d5f-12cf03e32683">Re: NWR: "The Help"</a>:
    [QUOTE]What bookclub are you in? 
    Posted by MyWedding13[/QUOTE]

There's a local nestie club!  It meets every other month.

I'm so bummed, we're so busy in Oct I have to miss the next one and they're reading one of my fav books, Art of Racing in the Rain.

Let me know if you're interested in joining
  • edited December 2011
    Hey HZ, I would totally be interested in joining!!!!! How do I go about doing that? 
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_nwr-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:f598bab0-c401-4d8a-950b-fcd908975bcfPost:25a723ca-82d8-4317-92cd-1ac138c7407b">Re: NWR: "The Help"</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey HZ, I would totally be interested in joining!!!!! How do I go about doing that? 
    Posted by MyWedding13[/QUOTE]

PM your email and I'll ask the girls to add you to the list!  (Whoever hosts the for the upcoming month is in charge of the list and then passes it on to next hostess)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards