Illinois-Chicago
Options

Catering to be delivered at a separate location vs banquet hall/ reception site

Im just starting out to look at places and wanted to know if working with a smaller budget lets say 7,000 or less is it better to use an inexpensive reception site and add a catering service or go for an inclusive package all in a hall/club etc.?

Re: Catering to be delivered at a separate location vs banquet hall/ reception site

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm finding out that having a separate reception site with outside catering is quite a bit more expensive than the all inclusive packages were. All of the extras add up quickly because of all the rentals you'll need to do (linens, glassware, china, etc.). I absolutely love my reception location, though...so it's a trade off.

231 Invited image 150 Attending image 81 Declined image 0 Have not replied image
    RSVP Date - June 24, 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP.  Finding a place that has everything included is much less expensive.  We are having our reception at a restaraunt in downtown Chicago, which saved us a ton of money because we didn't have to rent things like tables, chairs, linens, china, glassware, etc.  And no room rental fee either.  Definitely less expnesive than renting an empty space and having to bring everything in.  Hope this helps!
  • Options
    bevnichole12bevnichole12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards