Illinois-Chicago
Options

Wedding Night Hotel

I know I posted this a while ago, but it's getting down to the wire for me so I have to pick somewhere for FI and I to stay the night (maybe even weekend) of our wedding.

We'd like to stay someplace sort-of posh; a place where we wouldn't stay under normal, not getting married circumstances.

I'm thinking of either the Peninsula or Four Seasons...something like that; where are you staying the night of your wedding?
imageimage
Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
Married Bio (Work In Progress)

Re: Wedding Night Hotel

• Options
    ondreaflynnondreaflynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The Peninsula or Four Seasons would both be very nice.  We are staying at the Sofitel.  It's chic and modern and the staff is tripping over themselves to help you.  I love that!

• Options
    amylulichamylulich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're thinking downtown---Sofitel is an awesome hotel! FI surprised me awhile back and we stayed there for a night :) I also really like the Hard Rock Hotel. It's very trendy and has good food!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Originally we were thinking of staying at The Trump, but we realized we wouldn't get there until at least midnight, plus we would wake have to wake up early because we are having close friends and family over for a "brunch party".  Soo pretty much we figured the cost would not be worth it for us, but if you are doing a weekend thing, go for it! We still plan on staying somewhere nice, but not somewhere that's $200+. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Trump is super nice, we stayed there a few weekends ago. I love the James, it is modern and I just love the decor and everything about it. I am sure the Peninsula is great. I have never stayed there.

We are just staying at the hotel with our guests, it is the Belden Stratford and is a historical hotel across from Lincoln Park Zoo.
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • Options
    Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We get a free room where we booked our hotel blocks, so we're staying there the night of. However, the night before we're each getting our own suite at the Westin in Itasca. For us that's a splurge, but those other hotels sound amazing!
    When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could also try the Drake...I just love that hotel!

We are just staying in the same hotel as our block...we are headed to Hawaii the Monday after so we decided that was good enough for us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 260 Invited image
    167 Thrilled to Attend image
    71 Devastated they can't make it image
    22 making us sweat it out image
    RSVP Date- June 30
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like Hotel Monaco downtown. However, I have never been to some of these other hotels, so I cant compare. The rooms there are super cute, and all a little different. We had a room with a HUGE jacuzzi tube, so we could take a bubble bath. They also put a goldfish in every room to make it more 'homey' I guess. Good location too. . . .
  • Options
    Golfer09Golfer09 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We stayed at our host hotel which was ok but not incredibly swanky (Crowne Plaza in Greektown).  One suggestion is the new Elysian Hotel on Walton - looked really chic  - they did a piece on it on 190 North....
    Our wedding SDE: Our wedding Feature: PW=demo
  • Options
    mbuhpathimbuhpathi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want something classic Chicago, there are so many hotels right on Mag Mile. Do you want something more modern though?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Drake (Old Chicago)

The Four Season (classy)

The Pennisula (really classy)

The W Hotel (let me just tell you tha they have THE BEST BED EVER!!)

The Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro (HUGE bathrooms)

The Palmer House Hilton (Old Chicago)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards