Illinois-Chicago
Options

Avg Rate for flowers, photographer & videographers

I'm gearing up for my search of florists, photographer & vid. What's the average price range for these services (my wedding is in Glenview & Rosemont).

I'm worried my style won't come cheap. I like more of a photo-journalistic approach to pictures like Studio Verite in Chicago. Their pics are AMAZING, but is a starting rate of $3,200 more on the pricey side or avg?

For floral, I'm looking for someone who can add somewhat of a decor to the reception site too. Is this through a florist or is that a completely different type of vendor?  My venue has a list, but I always like advice from knotties!

Thank you!

Re: Avg Rate for flowers, photographer & videographers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    if you want top of the line photos/video/flowers of course you'll pay more for that. 
    Although I know there are some talented photographers that don't charge as much..some that are mentioned frequently are Danielle Aquillene, Heather Parker, Kara Shultz, Michael Rastall.

The same goes for video. If you want a really quality video and not something that looks like your relative shot it with a handi cam, you'll probably be spending $1,500-$3,000 depending on what kind of package you want.

If you want overall design for your venue like uplighting, gobo on the dance floor, etc. etc, you probably want to go with a design studio like Kehoe Design..They cost A LOT.  keep in mind that lights and all of that are expensive.  If you just want flowers, that will keep your costs down.

Hope this helps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    morgie44morgie44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that 3200 is very average for excellent artistic photos, depending on what is included.  I seem to remember that Studio Verite was MUCH higher than that, to get what we were looking for...We ended up with Mthree Studios from Milwaukee and are really happy with our pictures and paid slightly less than your budget.  You can see some of our pics here:  http://morganandjose829.weebly.com/index.html
  • Options
    citybride09citybride09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Agree with PP. We used Life on Prints and I think our package was like $5500.

Your florist can generally help you arrange uplighting, gobo, etc. They may not do it themselves, but they can coordinate with you the vendors that they work with. It just depends on what you want and how much the florist is able to do themselves.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Lincoln Park Costco for flowers.  The flowers are breaktaking and the highest priced bouquet is $15.99, I believe.  They're so large we're splitting them and using for 2 vases.  So, for 20 tables, we're buying 10 bouquets.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_avg-rate-flowers-photographer-videographers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:faa2b286-864b-485f-a026-7d4ee0e28193Post:4196664d-6220-4d9b-8489-ba24b5734e00">Re: Avg Rate for flowers, photographer & videographers</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're using Lincoln Park Costco for flowers.  The flowers are breaktaking and the highest priced bouquet is $15.99, I believe.  They're so large we're splitting them and using for 2 vases.  So, for 20 tables, we're buying 10 bouquets.
    Posted by cjohnsen2010@gmail.com[/QUOTE]
    How do you know which flowers will be available for your wedding? Do they carry the same flowers year round or are you going to special order them? 
  • Options
    MsBunny312MsBunny312 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Studio Verite is great! I know one of the photographers personally and he is a great shooter and a really fun and friendly guy. However, if you are looking for photojournalist shooters, there are definitely other good shooters in a lower price range if their prices are above your budget. Feel free to PM me if you want more specifics based on price.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As a previous poster mentioned, there are some great independent photojournalistic style photographers out there that seem to be a bit less than some of the larger studios. We're using Danielle Aquiline and loved our engagement photos. It depends on what you're looking for though, she doesn't do formal albums (and we didn't want one).

Flowers will 100% depend on what you're having them do. We are doing a pretty decent amount of flowers including more expensive blooms like orchids, roses and calla lillies and are paying around $2500 for 4 BMs, 3GMs, 15-20 centerpieces, altar arrangements, pew decor, a large placecard table centerpiece, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't have a huge budget but somehow found exceptional vendors. The ones we chose were not bargain vendors.

THE DRAKE A++

http://www.thedrakehotel.com Kate Strause at the Drake was amazing from the day we said we wanted our wedding here, up until the day after our wedding, when she arranged to have some belongings we forgot at the hotel delivered to my brother's house. Every little detail was perfectly in order and made our wedding feel truly 5-star without any "attitude," which was very important to the both of us. She even helped us with our strict kkosher requirements and was an excellent liason with Daniziger, our caterer.

DANZIGER KOSHER CATERING A+++

The plate presentations were picture-perfect, and the quality was what we expected. The pricing was upwards of $150pp with what we go wanted. Lisa & Stuart at Danziger were so accommodating. We wanted kosher food and some Jewish family favorites, but wanted to blend in other cuisines. The pricing was a bit higher than we wanted, but in the end we are glad we used Danziger. Asian short ribs and the eggplant pillow were what got people talking for sure. Great people who were on top of things.

KEHOE DESIGNS A++

http://www.kehoedesigns.com/ We used Pavel at Kehoe Designs. My cousin had used them and the designs were creative, intricate and looked like something in a fairytale. I needed them at my wedding. The centerpieces they did were some of the most talked-about at our wedding. They truly made our day special with the amount of effort they put in. The floral and design service we went with cost us about $10,000. I highly recommend them if you want your wedding to look exceptional.

HEATHER PARKER PHOTOGRAPHY A+++

http://heatherparker.com I wanted to make sure that our wedding is documented in a true photojournalism style. We sifted through so many photographers and finally found one who I was sure I was going to get unique photos from. A lot of the stuff out there looked the same but she stood out. Heather achieved this and surprised us with shots of me where I just looked glowing and so happy, and some very touching shots of me and DH along with those close to us. Her pricing was around $3700 but we ended up having overtime and she included two photographers. We got about 1200 photos in digital and a handful of very unique ones done in traditional film which we had asked for.

MONIQUE MADRID HAIR & MAKEUP A++

www.moniquemadridstyling.com I got my hair/makeup done at my best friend's wedding by her, and though she worked wonders that day for me, I was truly impressed with what she did for the bride so that was her ticket in the door for my wedding. Through the initial consultation to the trials and arriving early on my wedding day I couldn't be happier with the choice of her for my day. I would highly recommend her to everyone. The pricing was about $750 including gratuity for myself, mother, and bridal party.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you can pay a fortune, but you can also spend a lot of time digging around to find people who will do the same quality of work for a fraction of the price. we are paying for the majority of the wedding ourselves.  we are a successful couple which helps a ton, but i wasn't going to spend $50,000 grand on a wedding just because we could. i don't want to reveal all my budget on here, but i am happy to talk to you if you want.  i'm originally from the southside of the city (beverly), but if you are willing to do some travelling i have some great rec's.  i, too, was unwilling to sacrifice my style :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards