Illinois-Chicago
Options

Vendor Reviews - 9/21/12 Wedding

Hi ladies! Since I found a lot of vendors from this board I wanted to give reviews on the ones we used!

Reception: Belvedere Events & Banquets - A++:
I loved the Belvedere, their decor was modern and not your typical banquet hall and the price was awesome on a Friday. We worked with Caroline and she was super easy to work with, very responsive and basically did whatever we asked her to. When we signed the contract we were told there was an hour between cocktail hours, ours started at 5:30 so I thought the next was 7:30. Turns out an hour meant the next one started at 6:30. I was a little nervous people from the next wedding would be coming in during our cocktail hour (it is in the atrium) and was assured if anyone did they would ask them to wait elsewhere. Around 6:15 people from the next wedding started showing up and were not turned away (which I get, you can't turn away guests). I was a little annoyed but by that time our guests were heading into our room to find their seats. The other fear I had was that we would hear the other wedding since it was on the other side. During our speeches and dinner we did hear the bass of the other DJ which was really annoying, but we asked the server to have them turn it down and they did right away and we didn't have any other issues. Minus those 2 things it was a great reception place.

Florist: Kio Kreations - A+++
Kristen is so easy to work with, has excellent suggestions and tons of pictures to give you ideas. I found out after booking her she was going to be having a baby and on maternity leave for a little while. She still responded the whole time she was on leave and was back in time to do our wedding flowers. They were perfect.

Photographer: Miller & Miller  - A+++
Sarah and Ryan are a husband and wife team. They are awesome, their pictures are soo good and they have great crative ideas for pictures. They had increased their prices but we were able to have them throw in the engagement pics and album for the price of wedding day only. The only negative is that since they are soo busy it will take us about 4 months to get our pictures back. But it is worth it because they are so good!

Videographer: Shilo Studios - A++
Chris is the main contact and he is very nice. They weren't super responsive, I think they got really busy really fast and weren't able to get back to emails quickly, he did answer the phone everytime I called though. A few months ago I believe they merged with another company and after that he was way more responsive. Their work is incredible. So good. We got a great price since we booked pre-merge. They also did a same day edit for us at the reception and it was amazing. I got awesome feedback, everyone loved it. I haven't seen the end result wedding video but if it is anything like the sam day edit I will be thrilled.

DJ: MDM Entertainment - A+++
We used David from MDM. He was awesome, so responsive, had great ideas and suggestions. The dance floor was packed. He also did a back drop for us and uplighting which looked awesome. Highly recommend.

Transportation: Avital Limo - A+++
There weren't a lot of reviews on this company online but their prices were really good so we gave it a try. We used them for my bachelorette party as well and both experiences were awesome. The driver for the wedding was so nice, it was raining out and he went out of his way to make sure I didn't have to walk anywhere in the rain during pictures. I would use them again for any event.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards