Illinois-Chicago
Options

Need help with dj

Has anyone ever used The Pros Entertainment ?
I am in need of a dj and the price is great. But I do  not know anyone who has used them.

Re: Need help with dj

• Options
    edited December 2011

I actually haven't heard of them on these boards. I would HIGHLY recommend Style Matters DJs. They're very very popular here on the Boards, and I've met with Spencer (who will be spinning at our wedding) and he's amazing! You can also check them out on Yelp!.

You should also check out the DJ you inquired about on Yelp. I think that's a good site to check out reviews, if you can't find something here.

GL!

imageimage
    Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
    Married Bio (Work In Progress)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have heard of "The Pros" - if (And only if) it's the same one I know about, I would encourage you to examine your contract carefully.  I want to be careful about what I say on this board, both for ethical and legal reasons - so I'll leave it to the following:

1) Check to see if they "outsource" the work.  This is always a red flag.
    2) Look over the contract for remedies for "breaches." Ie, if the DJ doesn't show, what can you do to protect yourself?
    3) Find out where they are incorporated at. Are you sure it's Illinois? 

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    btfly99btfly99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haven't heard of them, but I can recommend two great dj's.  Music by Design, thier pricing is unbelievable! Seriously.  We would have gone with them if we hadn't been introduced to Okyne Media Lab.  If you want a fun, hip, non cheesey dj, they are the people to talk to. Thier pricing is great too!

Music by Design is out  of St. Charles and Okyne Media Lab, well they will meet you at the closest Panera Bread Store to you anytime for YOUR conveinience, but they are based out of Chicago.
  • Options
    rickycrystalrickycrystal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thank you all.
    I got The Pros from the knot local vendors, they claim to be
     2008\2009 the knot best pick.
    I can not find them on yelp.
    They are not local,the corporate office appears to be in Huntingdon Valley, Pa . The price is perfect but I am just not sure.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i would stick with a company that is local where you know who your DJ is going to be and can meet in person. a lot of the "national" companies are known to source out their dj the same way temp agencies hire contractors. Spencer and his crew at Style Matters all get great reviews as do the ladies and gents at Toast and Jam.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I definetly agree with the advise up above...stick with somone local...big corps are good but with a dj service? I dont know.  When i was in search for a dj i was all over the place.  I got a recommendation to check out Windy City Mix and they were great!  Their price is awesome and knowledge along with experience seems great!  We got them for an all inclusive with unlimited hours for only $550 but i believe you need to book with them before the year is over.  Check them out, the owner is the actual dj and is super friendly.  Definetly worth checking out.  Good luck.  I will put their info on the bottom!

http://www.windycitymix.com
    773-633-5884
  • Options
    milanymilany member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We will be using Windy City Mix as well.  I have seen them in action twice and am very pleased with the way they handle weddings.  Very professional and fun...i recommend seeing what they have to offer - especially their price -

Milan-
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went with Windy City MIx and absolutely no complaints as of yet.  Their service is extremely good!  Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Music by Design, they are local, and you meet with your DJ at the first meeting which is about 1 hour.
    They have an awesome on line planning tool to plan your whole event.
    You can pick all your own music if you want to.
    They have been very professional and not cheesy at all.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards