Hawaii

Question: Rings, rings, rings

So, how much input did you have into your e-ring? Did you decide not to have one? Wanna share a picture of it? How are you handling your wedding bands? Are you surprising each other with them? Are you picking out matching ones? Are you each choosing your own?  

Re: Question: Rings, rings, rings

• embracejoyembracejoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FH chose my engagement ring entirely on his own.  He knew I loved Asscher cut, but that was the only clue he had going into it.  He chose a beautiful Asscher solitaire, set in white gold. We may change the setting to platinum down the road.

We knew from the beginning that we wanted matching wedding rings.  We looked for a while to find the perfect ones, and we did!  They're tungsten (FH is a firefighter, and wanted something durable), with a high shine polished finish (I wanted something shiny, but not blingy, as I feel like my engagement ring makes enough of a statement on its own!).  FH's is 7mm wide, mine is 5mm wide.

Here's my "set" together, please excuse the dry skin and lack of manicure. ;)

Wearing them together feels like such a serious I'M A WIFE statement.. haha
    we got it right the second time around! ten.twenty.twenty-ten. Anniversary
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI picked out my ring by himself!  We had been talking about rings for, oh...2 years, and he did a great job!  Mine is a radiant cut diamond with a halo, with diamonds on the band too, but I don't have pics of it to share!  It's beautiful, and definitely a ring I would have picked had I seen it at the jewelry store!

For FI's rings, he wants to have 2.  One silver, one black so that he can match his watches.  That is fine with me since men's rings tend to be cheaper.  For my bands we are going to get 2 diamond bands that will fit perfectly under the halo around my center diamond.  I can't wait to get them! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • plannerificplannerific member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I picked my own engagement ring! I work as a nurse and i dont wear rings to work, and dont like the look of 2 rings on one finger either. So i just wanted one fantastic ring to wear without having to get "an upgrade" down the road. Fiance was totally fine with that :)

He also got to pick his own ring, he chose one with a 2 tone finish

• carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I showed H the styles I liked, but he designed it himself, and it was a surprise to me - which was just how I wanted it.  I love surprises.  :)

H picked out a ring he liked, and I picked out my band.  I didn't want it to exactly match my e-ring, but to compliment it, and I love how it turned out.
  • edited December 2011
    We are a backwards couple. We decided on a whim that it was time to make our relationship legal. We've been together almost 7 years now. There was no ring so he decided I could pick mine out. We are still ring shopping now. He has found his wedding band that he wants and has already ordered it today. So he has a wedding band and I don't have an engagement ring yet! It's all good though. Loved the pics of ya'lls rings.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards