Hawaii

Invitation to White House question...

Hi ladies!  I feel bad for jumping on here for just a quick sec, but it's 7pm and I'm still at work and somehow I have to mail my invitations out tomorrow (so overdue, I can't believe myself), and I want to mail one to the President and First Lady.  Wow, how's that for a run-on sentence!

I know the address is out there in previous posts, so I will look for it, but I wanted to ask:

Did you include the entire invitation (mine has an info card with our wedding website and RSVP card tucked into the pocketfold) or did you take out all that stuff and just send the invitation?

Thanks ladies, I look forward to catching up very soon hopefully!!!!
image imageimage Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Anniversary

Re: Invitation to White House question...

• edited December 2011
    ooooh, good one. i wanna do that too :)
  • edited December 2011
    I sent them the whole package, but I'm sure you don't need to.  I think I read somewhere that you can even just fax it to them?!  I was short an envelope liner, so Mickey and Minnie didn't get the whole package, but the Obamas and Oprah got the whole deal :)
  • ETweetETweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We sent invites to the president and Oprah but never heard back from either of them. Frown Maybe we didn't send them enough. We just had the boarding pass invites and instead of enclosing a separate RSVP to be mailed, we had our email and wedding website. They were probably too busy to look on the return address label.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Aw, bummer Beth!  Maybe it will still show...eventually?  You could try faxing it to the Prez...?
    image imageimage Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Beth, when did you send the invite, it may just take a while for the White House to send the note...I don't think they necessarily reply by the RSVP date...As for Oprah, I still haven't heard from her either :(
  • AngelshannAngelshann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Liz!  We sent the entire invitation to both the President and to Mickey Mouse.  It took about 4 months but we did receive a congratulatory note from the President and Mrs. Obama and an autographed photo of Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse along with a Just Married Button.  : )
  • edited December 2011
    I sent an invite to the White House and got a response back congratulating us about a month after the wedding.  We also sent an invite to Ellen Degeneres... but still haven't heard  ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards