Hawaii
Options

Jewelry for wedding?

Any suggestions on jewelry? The ceremony will be located on the beach. My dress is strapless, ivory and has a few appliques/designs on it. Nothing to blingy! I've heard the go to jewelry are pearls. Classic and subtle!
Any thoughts? And for those that were recently married in HI, what jewelry did you wear??
Many thanks!
Smile

Re: Jewelry for wedding?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm renting beautiful diamonds from www.adorn.com :) Diamonds go with any setting, hehe. And, I got a beautiful diamond tennis bracelet for my graduation that I'm going to wear.  I'm so giggly at the amount of real sparklies I'll be wearing on my day of. 

• Options
    misslolmisslol member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm just going with big earrings, no necklace.  Not sure about bracelet yet.
    December Siggy Challenge
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Where we met - Mount Isa
    a small mining town in the Australian Outback. Neither of us are from there but we both moved there in the second last year of highschool. He was moved next to me in maths class to stop him talking. It didn't work.
  • Options
    aliblualiblu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dress is stapless, flowy, but doesn't have a lot of sparkle on it, so I am going big and sparkly on my jewelry.

I bought the jewelry online. I really like the look of pearls though, but I needed some sparkle!

AliBlu | 6.8.2011 | My Bio-Updated 3/3
    Visit Maui.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my earrings and bracelet from etsy seller Noaki.  My necklace was my something borrowed.  PIB.

I also liked the jewelry by etsy seller lulusplendor, so you might check her shop there out, as well.
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dress is not too 'blingy' either.  It has a lot of sparkle, but not rhinestones, so I went with crystals & pearls.  I got my jewelry from Tigerlilly Jewelry and I LOVE it!  It's all handmade, and is absolutely gorgeous.  The items I got are really dainty, and just perfect for a wedding! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    aliblu-- I love your choice!

I am wearing a rope pearl necklace and dangly pearl earrings.  my dress is a light gold, strapless and pretty simple silouhette.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wore my great grandmother's necklace. I didn't want to waste money on something that wouldn't mean something to me in the long run!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have pearl drop earrings, am borrowing my mom's diamond tennis bracelet and one of her simple necklaces. I had originally bought a pearl rope necklace that I was planning on looping around three times, but it ended up looking too busy and I'll have a lei too, so I nixed it!
  • Options
    tloveptlovep member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input ladies!!!
    I would've rented something but I'm quite the procrastinator and will be leaving to HI next wk. I'm loving the simple pearl earrings and maybe just a pearl on white gold necklace. But then I also want something that I can wear more than once. Might be a silly question since everyone says everything is more expensive there but would you girls advise on buying the jewelry in HI if coming from the 'mainland"??

Thanks againLaughing
  • Options
    embracejoyembracejoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm skipping a necklace, as my dress is a halter style, and I'll have a lei.

Earrings are my something borrowed, from my FMIL.  They're very simple - an abalone shell hanging from a dark gold hook.  Even more special.. FH made them for her when he was a teenager!  How sweet is that? :) 

I made my bracelet, which is three strands of beads in greens and blues, to represent my birthstone (aquamarine), FH's birthstone (emerald) and the sea.  It has a silver puzzle piece charm on it (we were each other's missing puzzle piece :)), inscribed with words appropriate for a marriage ("love", "passion", "family", "trust", etc.) 

I'll be borrowing an antique family ring from my mom for my something old - it's a gold band with a platinum and diamond oval on top.. hard to explain, but very art deco :)

As you can tell, I wanted all of my "adornments" to be something special and meaningful.
    we got it right the second time around! ten.twenty.twenty-ten. Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards