Hawaii

Wedding Coordinated - Needed??

Hi Everyone,

My fiance and I plan to be married in Hawaii. It's a very small wedding ceremony with only us and our parents attending.  We have already secured a photographer and videographer, and really only need to find an officiant. 

So our question is whether or not we would benefit from hiring a wedding coordinator.  I wonder about how everything will come together...the flow.  I have no problem paying for one (and we found one that is reasonably priced to fit our needs)...but I question whether or not we can simply handle everything on our own and save the extra cash.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Ideas? Much Appreciated!!
Thanks!

Re: Wedding Coordinated - Needed??

• edited December 2011
    if it is only the four of you, IMO, I think that you will not need a WC. It is small enough where you can do the work yourself - communicate well with the officiant (when you find one) to learn about how the ceremony is going to happen. Then you can relay the details to the photographer and videographer.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PP, with so few people it would probably be less hassle to have a  WC. 
  • edited December 2011
    Aloha we saw your posting and wanted to send you our services we offer. Prices vary depending on what you will need. Should you have any questions please give us a call at 808-694-0764 or you can visit our website at www.islandparadiseweddings.com.
    Mahalo and we look forward to hearing from you.
    Lynette

IPW, which is located on the island of Oahu has changed their services from wedding planning and coordination to provided every type of service that our customers need for a one stop shop.
    For brides, grooms, or guests that are coming to Hawaii for whatever reason we are offering all of the following services to make your trip that much easier.
    Weddings - Full service planning and coordination, day of coordination or help fulfilling your vendors ( flowers, entertainment, transportation, ministry, photography, videographer, invitations, limo service, local wedding favors, gift baskets, etc ) we have a wide variety of wonderful vendors to choose from that will work wonders on your special day. We will all work within your budgets and make sure your day goes smoothly. We also work with fabulous bridal boutiques and tuxedo companies for those of you who need attire to rent, purchase or having your attire pressed before your big day.
    High end serenity spa and retreat - for those of you who want to spend a few days at a secluded spa and resort we have packages that will work for you. Come join us at this spectacular resort on the North Shore and feel the relaxation and enjoy the organic treatments, full lunches, massages, yoga, one on one personal treatment and onsite chefs. This is a great place for bridal parties, for guests who want a high end venue and to obtain that special treatment. A magnificent place to relax, enjoy your time and sink in the spectacular views of Oahu's gorgeous North Shore.
    Inner and outer island activities - For clients or locals who want to make reservations on any islands for boat dinner cruises, skydiving, fishing, luaus, hiking, helicopter rides, or whatever they would like to do while they stay here we have great connections on all islands and pricing is great.

Vacation rentals - We work with a lot of home owners for some pretty spectacular locations low end and high end for those of you who wish to stay at a beachfront, penthouse, or condo while you are vacationing on Oahu. For those of you who want to stay at a rental and have your wedding we do have many homes that will allow weddings from a party of 2 to 50 all over the island. Please note that the rates for those homes have separate pricing for vacationing and the wedding day. Time of the year and day also will determine on pricing and availability. We also have many venue connections on Maui as well for those of you who need a location for weddings, events, or just a private getaway.

Travel arrangements - We can help you plan your trip securing airlines and hotel packages for all islands. We can also help you create a honeymoon package for those of you getting married here on the islands and need a fast getaway to start your life as man and wife. Pricing will determine on airlines, dates and locations.

Corporate events - We have experience over the last 7 years on Oahu for planning large or small corporate events all over the island. With behind the scenes experience working with one of the top catering companies we have grown to learn how to setup, create menus, hiring staff, preparing layouts, hiring security, private celebrity entertainment, producing high-end government events, and so on. From events from parties of 2 to large corporate events up to 5000 people we have all the vendors you will need to create that last night on Oahu after coming to the island for a convention, business trip or just a business get together. From working events such as the USS Missouri, Hawaii State Art Museum, Iolani Palace. Working with Tiffany's, Mercedes, Saturn of Honolulu, The Wedding Ring Shop, Kaiser Permanente, HMSA, Loomis Sayles Financial Corporation, and much more we have vendors for every aspect of your event.
    Personal staff for your luxury getaway - If you need a private and secured venue for your stay on Oahu for any type of reason we have many locations that will suite you. We also have staff that will come and take care of all your needs - private chefs, maid service, massages, tours, limo transportation, and personal concierge.
    So with all these different types of services IPW is now offering we are sure that we can help you take care of everything.
    Please email us today and let us know how we can help your trip to the islands fun and relaxing.
    We look forward to hearing from you.
    IPW
  • maggyruthmaggyruth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FYI, IslandParadiseWeddings, vendors are a no-no.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PPs...with only 4 people and a year left before the big day, I think you should be fine without a wedding coordinator, especially since you've got 2 of your major vendors picked already.  Do you have a site picked out?  Some venues have a site-coordinator included to help with things.
  • destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depends on your location, when we were looking at having a beach wedding, our WC was going to take care of getting the permit for us using her insurance.  She also helped take care of picking up my hair flowers on her way out so as not to have a extra charge from florist.
  • ETweetETweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you could opt out as well. It sounds like you have almost everything done! Congrats on hitting the one year mark! It will fly by!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea, if you're getting married on the beach, you need a permit from the state, and to get the permit you need insurance that covers your vendors.  You can do this yourself, but the WCs are set up to do it really easily.  Here's the state's site for more info - https://dlnr.ehawaii.gov/permits/welcome.html

Other than that, you've got it covered.
  • edited December 2011
    @ETweet - thank you!  Time is definitely flying by!  Also, congrats on being married for 3 weeks =)

@carrieoz_76 - thank you as well for the info!

I think I've come to a decision to hire the WC.  Here's why...the price for the package isn't bad (and was within our budget initially set for a WC), and it comes with the - Officiant, Beach Permit, Unltd phone/email correspondence, Flower for my hair, Hair/MUA for me, Hair for 1 mother and ceremony coordination.  I'd much rather be at ease on the 'day-of'...and this gal got great reviews online and from my photographer.

Thank you all for your input!!!!!!!!!
    Much appreciated!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards