Hawaii

Poll: romantic?

Random question - if your FI/DH dedicated a song to you on one of those easy listening stations where the lady talks real low and smooth as she's reading the dedication:Would you:- love it, think it's so romantic - think it's way cheesy, but secretly be pleased and charmed- think FI/DH grew another personality or did something really wrong and is trying to butter you up with thisjust a random thought I had yesterday while listening to the radio - a husband was dedicating a song to wife, saying, "you and our children are who I want to spend the rest of my life with" - ... the fact that a husband was doing this, and the content of his message, made me think he cheated or did something really wrong and was trying to score points with the radio dedication.  maybe I'm being too cynical?

Re: Poll: romantic?

• edited December 2011
    I would think it's mega cheesy but still be happy that he did something so cheesy.
  • edited December 2011
    I would think it's cheesy, but I would love it anyway =) I might ask FI what he did wrong, but I don't think I would seriously think he messed up, it would be more just giving him a hard time
  • lelekaylelekay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mega-cheesy, but secretly pleased. I don't think he'd do that, though. He's very romantic, but that's just not his style (not the public-ness of it).
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • vanilla15vanilla15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would agree with yall that it is mega-cheesy.  I don't know that I would be pleased/charmed though...maybe I would think it is cute.  I am not sure.  I guess it looses something for me b/c a lot of us would call into those radio shows in high school.I agree with Leah...DH is very romantic, but not in such a public forum!  :)
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Jen!  Haven't seen you around too much lately!  How are you?Based on the way the message was worded, I think the guy you heard on the radio had already been kicked to the curb and this was an attempt to get his wife to take him back.  Maybe I'm cynical, too.  :PThis would be something completely out of character for MH to do.  If he actually did it, though, I'd secretly think it was cheesy, but would outwardly swoon.  ;)
  • edited December 2011
    I love it! Yes it's cheesy, but it means they took time out to even think about doing something for you.I am anti cheese, but I always feel grateful especially knowing how many woman are not happy with there non romantic relationships.
  • edited December 2011
    Cheesy!!! but i'd love it =)though the FI will NEVER do something like that.. he's not so open to cheesiness
    KatluvsJohn
  • edited December 2011
    FI it a total cheeseball so this would be another one of those cheesy things, but i would totally adore it.
  • edited December 2011
    LOL. FI would NEVER do this. I'd think something was up.
  • edited December 2011
    LoL DELILAH! I think that's the lady's name that I hear do those sometimes... They always crack me up! FI is a die-hard romantic... and everyone knows it (his dad even told me once haha!)... so I wouldn't be surprised if he did it once. He's not into making public love announcements so I would think it was a little cheesy but be TOTALLY happy and love it! And we would laugh about it together later!
  • edited December 2011
    she must be national - it is Delilah here in LA too!  I didn't even realize I knew her name.  Usually I just groan and change the channel so I don't have to hear the whole thing.
  • kwippykwippy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For me it would depend on the song he dedicated.....Secret Lovers - pissed!  I'm his "other" womanBilly Jean - Umm yes! You are the father!Happy Together - totally cheesy but would bake him any sweet treat afterwards :)
  • edited December 2011
    yes delilah MUST be national! she is TOTAL cheeseball... her voice makes me laugh.... like how could anyone possibly take her seriously in real life? Can you imagine her ordering a drink from Starbucks? haha.
  • inamrainamra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, it'd be cheesy but I'd think it's cute anyway =)About the dedication you heard on the radio tho...yeah it sounds a little odd--I think I wouldn't think twice if he had just said "To my wife and kids--love you" or something like that instead...
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards