Hawaii
Options

Remind Me - Dress Maker

ETweetETweet member
First Comment
So I've been watching too much of "Say Yes to the Dress" and now am doubting my pick for a dress. Boo! I am hoping it's just a phase that I'll get over since I was cow-ish when I first picked out my dress. And as much as I liked my dress when I got it I never had that amazing "this is the one" moment. I kind of just picked it since I couldn't find any other dresses and I had a $1000 gift certificate to blow there. There's a Liancarlo dress that I love but it's out of my price range and I would want it to be mermaid cut. So I've been thinking of contacting that dress making company that some girls have used but I can't remember the name. I am pretty sure it's located in Asia and they've done such great work for cheap. I know you Knotties remember the name.... Please send a hint over this way to ease my anxiety. Pretty please?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Remind Me - Dress Maker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Beth!  The name of the company is Milly and yes they are located in Asia.  I don't have any contact info but I'm sure one of the Milly girls will chime in & give it you!  Good luck!  It wouldn't hurt to see how much it would cost to get your Liancarlo mermaid dress...
  • Options
    ETweetETweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, that is it! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
  • Options
    elaineNgeneelaineNgene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Beth!  It's Milly Bridal, and the contact I had was Springna Shen, email: csbscom@yahoo.com.cn; Skype ID: MillyBridal.HTH.Elane
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That whole sky-opening, rays of sunshine streaming down, angels singing, this-is-the-dress moment does not happen to all women.   TV shows and magazines have conditioned us to think it should happen.  I tried on x number of dresses. I quite liked the one I picked as well as one other.  Ended up picking the under $300 dress.   I wavered back and forth - at one point about 3 months before the wedding was sure I had made a mistake.Then, I really thought about it. I put the dress I bought on.  And realized it looked good.   After that I stopped thinking about it and had NO regrets on my wedding day that I should have been wearing the other dress.   Looking at the other dress on a professional model in a beautiful setting had been swaying me. Before you spend more money, I would go put the dress you bought on. Make sure your hair looks good.   Look at yourself in the mirror.  I bet you will see all over again why you bought the first dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Amoureux - I also didn't have a "this is the one" moment. I don't believe that people have just one true love, so I hardly see how there would be just one dress out there for everyone.You got a great dress!
  • Options
    ETweetETweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Amoureux and Kaesha! That makes me feel better. I did like the dress at the time and it sucks to see how good my dress looks on the model compared to me! Grrr... I hate what the media has done to me. I think I'll take your advise and try the sample back on just to reassure myself. As always, my knotties are the best!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And, you will look like one of the models in your professional wedding photos. Your hair and make-up will be done. You will be carrying beautiful flowers. You will be in a beautiful setting.  The photographer will be a pro. Plus, you will be so gosh-darn happy that you could be wearing a paper bag and you would be stunning. You'll get those photos back and be amazed at how you look. Happy planning !
  • Options
    vanilla15vanilla15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I 110% agree with amoureux!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards