Hawaii

LANI BRIDE ADVICE: 3pm ceremony

My FI and I are considering a venue change from the Ke Iki Beach Bungalows to Lani b/c we are facing challenges booking all the rooms for 3 days at Ke Iki.Anyhoo, because of the Lani timelines, (4-10pm) I'd like to have my ceremony at 3 or 3:30, cocktails at 4-5 (bridal group portraits), dinner from 5-6 and then 6-10 dancing.  My concern is that 3pm lighting will be horrid for my ceremony photos.  What do you think? Does anyone care to share how they worked their schedule around the 4-10pm booking?  Also, can anyone share their 3pm ceremony photos with me?  Thanks!

Re: LANI BRIDE ADVICE: 3pm ceremony

• edited December 2011
    I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think Lani allows for a 3pm ceremony. My coordinator told me that they don't like people showing up before 3:30pm if we have the timeslot from 4-10pm... I think you'd have to specially arrange with Lani for an earlier set up, and if no one is booking for that morning (because I think you get until 3pm for the morning block), they may even make you book it for the whole day. I'd say contact Lani to even see if your day is available because they book up really fast(18 mo. out).
  • TomatoTomattoTomatoTomatto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Carol-Anne, Early set-up has been discussed with Lani, but not confirmed.. So, right now I'm just trying to figure out how to squeeze in a kick-ass wedding in such a limited timeframe.  My main concerns are really; a) my 3/4pm ceremony photos aren't affected by the bright sun and; b) we have as much time as possible for dancing!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh shoot.. I spelled your name incorrectly.  **Sorry, Carole-Ann!** :)
  • edited December 2011
    FWIW, we did dancing from about 7:45-9:30 (everyone was enjoying dinner, so we didn't want to rush things), and everyone was exhausted by the end of it. The sun from the ceremony will drain a lot out of people (even our perpetually drunk party-loving British guests). What time does the sun set? Are you going to want sunset pictures?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah, we were thinking people might be tired by then.My preference is sunset photos, but I just don't know how I'd fit that into a 4-10pm schedule.  I'm totally willing to touch up my lipstick after dinner and head out for a 6pm shoot.  Apparently, the sun sets at about 7pm.we'll see... i'm sure everything will work out.
  • edited December 2011
    right, I agree with Kaesha. my photog said that 2 hours was a long time for dancing, but I suppose it all depends on your guests and DJ. if you like, I can send you the timeline my coordinator, photog and myself put together. it has a 4:30pm ceremony start time and still leaves 2 hours for dancing. lmk. I think in May sunset is around 6:45-7 or so? I know ours is in July and the sunset is estimated at about 7:15 for us.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    carole-anne: that would be AMAZING if you could send a copy of your timelines over.  For me, nothing's set in stone, but I'd like an idea of how my wedding will pan out before I commit to booking Lani. can you e-mail it to me at beryl <dot> rose at hot mail dot com? Thanks soooooo much for your help!
  • edited December 2011
    you've got mail!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmmm... haven't received it yet.  I'll give s'more time. you sent it to beryl.rose <at> hotmail.com, right?
  • edited December 2011
    did you get it?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no, i didn't get it:( hmmm..can you try sending it to roserigo <at> hotmail <dot>com? 
  • edited December 2011
    sent to the second one! did you check your spam folder? bc i've tripled checked the addresses and they appear to be right...
  • edited December 2011
    Here's what our 4 - 9:30 ceremony looked like, we stuck to it pretty tightly, so I didn't feel stressed or pulled in different directions:4:00 - guests arrive, get leis, pineapple lemonade4:30 - ceremony starts5:00 - 6:00 - cocktails, croquet, passed pupus6:00 - 6:15 - Dinner prayer, Dad's speech, Phil and I rock on the ukulele, cut the cake6:20 - 7:20 - dinner buffet7:20 - 7:30 - coffee service - best man speech, bridesmaid speech7:30 - CAKE! Nom nom nom7:45 - first dance9:00 - passed lemongrass shooters9:30 - last song
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards