Hawaii
Options

Oahu Photographers & Florists

Good morning!! I am new to this so hopefully I'm doing this right, haha...my fiance and I are planning on getting married at Turtle Bay Resort August 2010. It's been a long hard process trying to decide between having it in SoCal or Hawaii.  We are 99% set on Hawaii b/c we both love it there and we can save money by having a smaller wedding...however we are also planning on having a Chinese banquet dinner reception up in SF.  I'm looking for a good photographer located in Oahu with reasonable prices for a full day of shooting (from getting ready to the end of the reception)...any recommendations??  Also, if anyone can recommend a good florist that works well with your budget, please let me know :)  My friend used Always Flowers and really liked them, but I just wanted to get some other suggestions...any advice is greatly appreciated!Thanks!

Re: Oahu Photographers & Florists

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!I will be getting married right near Turtle Bay next year- that's the resort where my fiance and I will be staying at.  A lot of girls on this board like Frank Amodo and Shawn Starr, but they were out of my price range.  I would recommend Adam Palmer (www.adamapalmer.com).  This is who we're going with and I love his pictures.  He also has a discounted rate for weddings on the North Shore.  If you need any more info,  let me know!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!We also had a chinese banquet as AHR after the Hawaii wedding.  Our AHR was in Boston :)I am one of the knotties who used Shawn Starr as photographer.  He is amazing!  You should check out the HawaiiBrides bio for the unofficial list of hawaii knotties.  This bio lists the knottie's wedding locations, date and bios.There is also a HawaiiVendor bio you should check out.  May be you can get more ideas for photogs and florists that way :)One way to save on the floral budget is to use fruit as the centerpiece.  A bunch of knotties have used pineapples as centerpieces.  Some have used a different type of tropical fruit at each table.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer is Chrissy Lambert. I wouldn't say that she is cheap, but I will say that she is fabulous!! All my vendors said she was one of the best on the island. For flowers, I think I am getting a GREAT deal. I am going with Todd from Always Flowers (http://www.alwaysflowers808weddings.com/). We met with him during our trip there and I was super impressed with his professionalism and the pictures of his work. I think another bride from the board has used him and was very happy. He was also VERY affordable!!
  • Options
    eacernaeacerna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer was Frank Amodo. Worth every penny!! Our florist was Su-V Expressions. She works with your budget. She's very nice and did an awesome job!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Turtle Bay next month and have had a great experience with my vendors so far.  I'm using Flower Farm -- Koa has been great to work with.  He responds to emails quickly, can work with just about any budget and has some beautiful ideas.I'm using a couple I found as our photographers. Their portfolio is amazing and I can't even begin to describe how nice they are.  They are also reasonably priced.  The name is L'amour Photography and their site is lmprophoto.com.  I can update you on my pictures when I get them, but I'm so excited to work with them!Good luck and let me know if you need any other TB tips!
  • Options
    japnezdolljapnezdoll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for all your suggestions! I will definitely look into all of these.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey There, We are using Barbara - Terra Photography! I highly recommend her and she is very resonable. www.terraphotography.com
    http://tinyurl.com/27hpnuk Christie & Daryl, May 10, 2010 - Paradise Cove, Oahu, Hawaii
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should also check out Dulce by Visionari. http://www.dulcephoto.com/  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    NiiickyNiiicky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! I haven't picked a florist yet (I'll check out Always Flowers! - thanks for the tip), but I have booked Ainakai Photography - their photography is top notch (www.ainakai.com) and they are two of the nicest people you will ever meet - very flexible and will go above and beyond to help. Packages are reasonable too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards